Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hong Kong Navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When will the available GPS navigation?

hello everyone I am a new owner of Tesla S85. Congratulations for the site because it is really nice and well done.
someone know or have information about the GPS navigation.
when they delivery the car I was told that gps navigation it will be ready to use in Hong Kong within 2 to 3 weeks.
tks.

We have heard this all before and I am skeptical that we will have this within the next 4-5 weeks if we just sit back and wait quietly.

If we all bombard everyone we know at Tesla (in HK and US) with emails demanding the long overdue NAV, hopefully this will be escalated to the people at the level who care about customer service and are in a position to do something about it.

Bombarding Tesla will have no effect except for making you feel good.

It's not long overdue, perhaps 2 months. It would seem to be sensible to wait until the end of March before asking them in a civilised manner, whats going on.

I just picked up my car today and the guy said they were testing nav in their engineer cars and should be released very soon.

I wish Tesla Motors would stop using the words "soon" and "very soon"

What it really means, when coming from Tesla Motors:

"Soon": There is a possibility at some time in the future, before the end of mankind, this will actually happen

"Very soon": It is highly likely that it will happen, any time from a minute to a year from now.

If there is a new update for the Model S, would I get a notification on my phone (iOS)? Or do I need to go into the car to find out?

Time to go make a WiFi network for it, and find out ... it's end of March now, literally. Sunday morning would be a good time to launch.

You get it on your phone if you have it configured to get push notifications.

All right, thanks jerry33.

I had LTE -> WiFi hotspot on for about two hours (while washing the car). Noted the data usage on the phone and it didn't even move 0.1 GB - and no update yet.

It's almost April 2015 now - and Tesla Motors hasn't yet released Navigation for Hong Kong.

Welcome to the 6.2 upgrade! (Details ahead)

For those who cant wait. Now updating. Hopefully we can have navigation now.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg