Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hong Kong Navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator's Note: Merged duplicate threads related to 6.2 and Nav for Hong Kong.

Please, let's keep this thread talking about 6.2 as it relates to Hong Kong specifically. For general 6.2 discussions, there is always the 6.2 thread over on the main forum.

P.S. Oh, and I removed the '?' from the thread title, as this has been confirmed for Hong Kong. Multiple posters have confirmed that they are receiving 6.2 and it includes navigation.

Did you order the Nav package originally or did they just simply push it out to you? If so, then I wasted a whole lot of money! But great for you guys and the Chinese on the map is totally awesome!

Not that I have any idea what it is saying.

The cars with Tech package here in Hong Kong were supposed to have Nav, but it wasn't ready when they launched here last summer. We got Maps, but no Nav. The promise was December 2014, then that slipped. And then, just a day or so ago, they started to push out the 6.2 update to Hong Kong cars, including the previously missing Nav feature. Hence the excitement.

How's everyone finding the navigation system?

I updated it last night and tried it on my way to work today. Everything seems to work fine. The routing system takes my usual path to work. I tried pressing the range assurance button as well to see what it does. It just gives options to nearest superchargers, I wasn't low on battery so couldn't test other functions of the range assurance. I had the navigation on in Chinese and works well, the voice and direction was clear, the directions aren't as detailed as Google Map's voice, but it did the job. I haven't tried the English yet. Will try it after work tonight.

So is the navigation using Google Map or is it another navigation system? The map looks to be Google Map, but the voice isn't. Others can share their early experience with the Nav.

So is the navigation using Google Map or is it another navigation system? The map looks to be Google Map, but the voice isn't. Others can share their early experience with the Nav.

Yes it's Google map you can see from the right hand bottom corner logo of Tesla and Google Map (data by MapKing). So far I have used it twice I think the Chinese audio is more detailed than the google map navigation from my iPhone. There are minor flaws such as for "route 9" she says just "9" which is kind of weird.

Also when the audio comes on music volume dimes and becomes mono .... not sure if this is by design or bug.

It doesn't offer alternative routes (or tolled/free route) to choose from yet, hope to get this next update.

Can all the threads about Navigations be merged together? This thread is still called "Onboard navigation coming..." but now that it has arrived, it should be renamed. There is also this 6.2 Arrived with Nav in HK but owners are mostly talking about Navigation.

Moderator's Note: I was hoping people would switch solely to the new one, but that didn't happen. So, merged the two threads and gave them a more generic combined title.

Yes it's Google map you can see from the right hand bottom corner logo of Tesla and Google Map (data by MapKing). So far I have used it twice I think the Chinese audio is more detailed than the google map navigation from my iPhone. There are minor flaws such as for "route 9" she says just "9" which is kind of weird.

Also when the audio comes on music volume dimes and becomes mono .... not sure if this is by design or bug.

It doesn't offer alternative routes (or tolled/free route) to choose from yet, hope to get this next update.

When you say "becomes mono" it is rather that the speakers closer to the driver will speak the navigation, while the rest of the speakers keep a normal volume. It would usually be the driver who needs the driving instructions, so this is obviously intentional.

If you don't like the interruption, you can mute the navigation (click the speaker symbol on the center console screen in map mode). You can then just glance down at your speedometer to see what to do next regarding navigation.