Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Honolulu, Auauhi St: What should I expect before delivery appointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably getting a bit excited, but I want to know what to expect before my Delivery Appointment supposedly this Friday.

1. Am I going to get a confirmation on my delivery appointment? I only know it's Friday by looking at Tesla.com, but no one contacted me on it. Is that normal? The person who contracted me was a week ago and he said he wasn't sure when the next batch of cars are going to arrive and will get in contract with me.

2. Where do I park my trade-in Car? Anywhere on the street (I feel it's limited, might be a blocks over) or do they have guest parking in that Service station?

Thought I had more questions, but I guess that's it :)

3. Oh do I have to give them my recon report which I have. Some folks tell me not to disclose it because they don't like anything non factory on trade in cars.

1. You'll probably get a call the day before, but you should try to contact them directly to confirm. Just leave a message and someone will (eventually) call back. They're very busy so be patient.
2. Park in the lot wherever you can find a space that doesn't block the main flow of traffic and not in front of the roll up doors.
3. Not sure on that one, as I've never had experience with trade in recons. In general, if you've been truthful when you filled out the trade in evaluation, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Reactions: Akikiki
I'm not sure about the confirmation, but the "contactless" system they have in place is pretty slick. I parked my trade-in right next to my new car and they pretty much took care of the rest. You just sit in your new Tesla while you sign the docs. They even cooled the interior down before I arrived so it was nice and comfy

Pretty much what gmtom1 said.

I would add that you should expect that things can happen really quickly. Ordered my new car on Jan 4th and was given a delivery date range of 1/15 to 3/31. On 1/18 I’m told my delivery date is 1/22 at 12 noon. On the morning of 1/22, I’m told my delivery time is 4pm. I receive a call about 1:30 asking me if I can come earlier, so I pick it up at 2:30. It had 12 miles on the odometer. I must have got lucky.

Don’t be surprised if they try to drill you down on your trade in when you bring up the recon. They seem to use any negative item, even if very minor, to reduce your trade in value. That was my experience recently, so I’m selling my 2017 S myself.

Probably getting a bit excited, but I want to know what to expect before my Delivery Appointment supposedly this Friday.

1. Am I going to get a confirmation on my delivery appointment? I only know it's Friday by looking at Tesla.com, but no one contacted me on it. Is that normal? The person who contracted me was a week ago and he said he wasn't sure when the next batch of cars are going to arrive and will get in contract with me.

2. Where do I park my trade-in Car? Anywhere on the street (I feel it's limited, might be a blocks over) or do they have guest parking in that Service station?

Thought I had more questions, but I guess that's it :)

3. Oh do I have to give them my recon report which I have. Some folks tell me not to disclose it because they don't like anything non factory on trade in cars.