Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Honolulu, HI EV only parking (not EV charging spaces)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dsmith2189

Aug 18, 2012
while looking for parking near an upcoming event it struck me that there is no information on EV only parking spaces (not EV charging spaces)
to be in compliance with HI State law there should be hundreds, shouldn't there be?:confused:
Of course Honolulu C&C parking lots, but what about places with only a few spaces reserved for EVs?

I know of a few let me start.
2 spaces in front of the (oops not here)
2 spaces at dole cannery on the end between the 3rd and 4th floor.
1 space at ward center (TJMax on 3rd floor) 1st floor parking (labeled for alternative fuel vehicle)

Last edited:
Costco Waipio - one stall in the parking row along the building closest to the gas station...lol.. This stall is always occupied although NEVER by an EV...I guess people can't read or see the sign right in front of them!

The Kaiser Moanalua hospital, 2nd floor, next to the EV charging stall. The Kaiser Mapunapuna clinic parking lot, makai end, next to the EV stall (however, my car is usually parked there).

The International parking garage at the Honolulu airport. Haven't seen the stalls on the other floors but there are a lot on the 1st floor.

while looking for parking near an upcoming event it struck me that there is no information on EV only parking spaces (not EV charging spaces)
to be in compliance with HI State law there should be hundreds, shouldn't there be?:confused:
Of course Honolulu C&C parking lots, but what about places with only a few spaces reserved for EVs?

I know of a few let me start.
2 spaces in front of the (oops not here)
2 spaces at dole cannery on the end between the 3rd and 4th floor.
1 space at ward center (TJMax on 3rd floor) 1st floor parking (labeled for alternative fuel vehicle)

I could have sworn that there were more than 1 EV / alternative fuel parking spot in the TJ Maxx parking garage at Ward, more like 5 or 6?

Think that there's another 1-2 more spots closer to TJ Maxx and a lot more upstairs (though I haven't been upstairs in a while now so they may have "repurposed" those spots)

That is one of the reasons I started this thread. I don't have any idea how many or where these spaces exist. Thanks to everyone for their input. maybe someone knows how to display an actual "Map"

I know dsmith mentioned the Alternative Energy Stalls at the Ward TJ Maxx building but I discovered that the 2nd and 3rd floors have more of these stalls! 3 stalls near the entrance of the new Nordstrom Rack (which makes me very happy!) on the 3rd floor. Ward Centers is definitely the most EV friendly retail center on the island!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    617.6 KB · Views: 147