Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hood and trunk soundproof mats from Amazon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just put one in the trunk (under the rear deck) and it looks great. I can't say that I've noticed a huge difference in road noise but I didn't try to do a before/after comparison. I read in some of the reviews that it made the back seat cooler in the summer, too, but our summer just ended this morning.

I just put one in the trunk (under the rear deck) and it looks great. I can't say that I've noticed a huge difference in road noise but I didn't try to do a before/after comparison. I read in some of the reviews that it made the back seat cooler in the summer, too, but our summer just ended this morning.

Thank you for your post, same brand from amazon? ANy fit issues?

Thanks again

Lots of info on both over at the other forum.

The 'brand' matters not, its the same product being sold under many names on Amazon and eBay, Alibaba, AliExpress, Rakuten, etc.

People installing these, the front secondary fender liners, frunk well and trunk hidden storage liners (all made from the same material) since about Jun/Jul.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
Lots of info on both over at the other forum.

The 'brand' matters not, its the same product being sold under many names on Amazon and eBay, Alibaba, AliExpress, Rakuten, etc.

People installing these, the front secondary fender liners, frunk well and trunk hidden storage liners (all made from the same material) since about Jun/Jul.

Thank you also, which other Tesla forum? Could you share the link?

I just saw a youtube video from the owner(?) of the Other Forum with his favorite accessories featuring these liners which I had never really seen mentioned here on TMC. Just fyi, they are cheaper on ebay $50 vs $80 on amazon.

I would love to see a video testing if these lower cabin noise at all. I may get the liner for the trunk regardless since I don't want the bare metal scratching anything that i may throw in there but it would be a nice added benefit to reduce some road noise as well,

Bought both of these, different vendor on eBay, but they look identical. Offhand, I'd say I paid $150 total. The s&h from China for the rear one was $38, alone! I don't know how these vendors make any money.

Do they help? The rear one probably helps a little, since the trunk is an echo chamber, and with the hole in the rear deck, that sound would come into the cabin. The frunk one is all aesthetics. For sound dampening, you'd be better off lining the tub of the frunk, rather than the hood. I also did the front wheel arches, and those might help a little as well, but who knows? I didn't do anything scientific and try to measure sound levels or frequencies. I think after all the things I did, the sound seems better, less irritating, but that could be partly placebo, and partly all the little things I did. And, of course, some of the improvement is in the frequency levels, not necessarily in the overall sound level.

Would I do it again? Sure, they help and were cheap and easy to do. And even if it's a placebo, we know placebos work!

Bought both of these, different vendor on eBay, but they look identical. Offhand, I'd say I paid $150 total. The s&h from China for the rear one was $38, alone! I don't know how these vendors make any money.

Do they help? The rear one probably helps a little, since the trunk is an echo chamber, and with the hole in the rear deck, that sound would come into the cabin. The frunk one is all aesthetics. For sound dampening, you'd be better off lining the tub of the frunk, rather than the hood. I also did the front wheel arches, and those might help a little as well, but who knows? I didn't do anything scientific and try to measure sound levels or frequencies. I think after all the things I did, the sound seems better, less irritating, but that could be partly placebo, and partly all the little things I did. And, of course, some of the improvement is in the frequency levels, not necessarily in the overall sound level.

Would I do it again? Sure, they help and were cheap and easy to do. And even if it's a placebo, we know placebos work!

I'm actually more interested in the wheel well liners since it seems like that is where most of the road noise is coming from. It sounds like you didn't do any pre or post db measurement but if someone else decided to do that I'd be very interested!

I've heard of other people hearing rattles from the wheel well liners and taping those down seemed to help but mine sounds less like rattles and more like road noise intrusion coming from the front wheels.

I'm actually more interested in the wheel well liners since it seems like that is where most of the road noise is coming from. It sounds like you didn't do any pre or post db measurement but if someone else decided to do that I'd be very interested!

I've heard of other people hearing rattles from the wheel well liners and taping those down seemed to help but mine sounds less like rattles and more like road noise intrusion coming from the front wheels.
I did start a thread on the wheel arch liners, so you can check that out. I try not to oversell things, just not my personality. I think they help, but everyone's sound problem is a little different, so there's no way to know if it'll help everyone. It was easy to install, if you have no problems with removing tires. The wait for the liners is at least a month.

Reactions: PNWLeccy
Based on all the feedback from the other forum... the frunk liner, wheel arch liners and tub inserts (frunk trunk) do little to nothing for NVH.

The trunk liner does indeed make a clear difference and looks good. Frunk liner looks great too.

Other forum is over at tesla owners online dot com

Based on all the feedback from the other forum... the frunk liner, wheel arch liners and tub inserts (frunk trunk) do little to nothing for NVH.

The trunk liner does indeed make a clear difference and looks good. Frunk liner looks great too.

Other forum is over at tesla owners online dot com

And with 'the trunk liner' you mean the product discussed in this thread (soundproof mats)? Thnx.