TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hood emblem lifting

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Yooner, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Yooner

Yooner Member

Hi all! I had my m3 wrapped in expel and then got tesla service to install a new hood emblem. The bottom of the "t" is lifting. Is there a quick fix I can try, or do I have to take it back to service? Anyone else have this issue?

2. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Active Member

Like this? Man... the model 3 is seriously next level.
    IMG_5622.GIF

• Funny x 6
  3. Fusion

Fusion Member

Mine was lifting too and I just took it off. It there is a slight curve on the hood but the emblems are flat. Mine did it from the factory. They probably didn't clean it well enough when they installed it.

4. Khoa64

Khoa64 Member

5. 1.21GW

1.21GW Member

Agreed, easy to remove and find some molding tape

6. Yooner

Yooner Member

7. Khoa64

Khoa64 Member

Good question. I took mine off when it was bonded to the manufacture paint so not sure how it will do on the film. My understanding is that the film is pretty thick and stuck on the car so it would be hard to remove the film if you tried to remove the emblem. When you saw it with fishing line, a section of the tape stays on the car and then you use a chemical remover to get the sticky part of the tape off.

• Like x 1
  8. Vintre

Vintre Member

I had the same situation. Our Vin's are pretty close. I wonder if there was a bad batch or something.

I brought it in to Service today and they replaced the emblem. Will report back in a month or so and see if it sticks.

Vin

• Like x 1
  9. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

The "T" logos on the 3's are surprisingly thinner than the S and X, so they tend to lose their shape when removed for a wrap. A lot of times we just recommend keeping them off for a cleaner look.

You may be able to buy replacement ones at the service center.