Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hood emblem lifting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! I had my m3 wrapped in expel and then got tesla service to install a new hood emblem. The bottom of the "t" is lifting. Is there a quick fix I can try, or do I have to take it back to service? Anyone else have this issue?

Hi all! I had my m3 wrapped in expel and then got tesla service to install a new hood emblem. The bottom of the "t" is lifting. Is there a quick fix I can try, or do I have to take it back to service? Anyone else have this issue?
Like this? Man... the model 3 is seriously next level.
IMG_5622.GIF

Won't that wreck the expel film though?
Good question. I took mine off when it was bonded to the manufacture paint so not sure how it will do on the film. My understanding is that the film is pretty thick and stuck on the car so it would be hard to remove the film if you tried to remove the emblem. When you saw it with fishing line, a section of the tape stays on the car and then you use a chemical remover to get the sticky part of the tape off.

Reactions: Yooner

I had the same situation. Our Vin's are pretty close. I wonder if there was a bad batch or something.

I brought it in to Service today and they replaced the emblem. Will report back in a month or so and see if it sticks.

Vin

Reactions: Yooner
The "T" logos on the 3's are surprisingly thinner than the S and X, so they tend to lose their shape when removed for a wrap. A lot of times we just recommend keeping them off for a cleaner look.

You may be able to buy replacement ones at the service center.