TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hope a Model X refresh has these:

Discussion in 'Model X' started by JenkinsEar, Jan 9, 2019.

1. JenkinsEar

JenkinsEar Member

Our 100D turned 1 year this week. Best car I've ever owned! But there are two features I sorely miss, that I hope Tesla considers for inclusion in any refresh of the model:

1. Over-door grab handles, especially over passenger side in the front. We are in our 80s, and as easy as it is to get in and out of the car, my wife really needs something to hang onto as she enters.

2. An easily invoked birds-eye view of the vehicle. (On one of the stalks, maybe?) I am short enough, and the front of the car is short enough, that I have no view (unless I stop and rearrange side-view mirror settings) of clearances on left and right when getting into parking spaces. A [simulated] overhead camera view would really help in getting centered in the space.

I wonder: Do others have these concerns? Have a workaround?

Thanks!

• Like x 11
  2. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Active Member

Grab handles in 2nd row is what I'd like, for the in-laws. But even without, it's so open I can get mom-in-law in there better than any other car. Suspension low helps.....

3. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure This All Out

Not a birds eye view but at least the front of the car. A long thread but just read the first entry and then decide if you want to PM the OP.

2nd run of camera switch that show a front image on the touch screen

4. TJtv

TJtv Member

Where would you put them? They can't go where they would go in a normal car, because that would be on the falcon door and therefore be unreachable when the door is open.

• Funny x 1
  5. Cleex024

Cleex024 Member

The car has 8 hd cameras on board...I don't get why they don't have a bird's eye view... Can't imagine it would be that hard.

• Like x 1
  6. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Active Member

Maybe a strap-loop from inside of B-pillar at top. At least you'd have something to grab.

• Like x 1
  7. shinytop

shinytop Member

I would like a six seat version where the 2nd row folds flat. Many cars have captain's chairs in the second row that fold flat.

• Love x 1
  8. Racerx22b

Racerx22b @unplggdd on Instagram

360 Birds eye view similar to what BMW offers is an absolutely required feature on any refresh. It should be the priority #1 behind upgrading the battery to longer range and faster charging.

You get this in Nissan's now. How Tesla has not incorporated this blows my mind.

• Like x 2
  9. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

I want a HUD in addition to the bird's eye. I came to the X from a BMW that had both and was shocked that Tesla did not have them.

Another thing that would be great would be detection of cars of cross traffic when backing up or pulling out. Sometimes your view is obscured, but a camera facing to the side on the front and rear bumpers could see traffic

• Like x 3
  10. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

You don't need a refresh for this, its a software update. all the hardware is already there

• Like x 1
  11. mattack4000

mattack4000 Active Member

I dont think the camera aims at the correct angle. They would have to stitch a lot of images together, probably not that simple

12. Racerx22b

Racerx22b @unplggdd on Instagram

I've read that it is not possible with current hardware. Can't recall the source and have no first hand knowledge but that is what I've found in my research. Take that for what it's worth.

If it is something as simple as a software upgrade then there is no excuse not to have this feature.

• Like x 1
  13. dmurphy

dmurphy Woof.

With all the cameras around the car, I’m not sure what would be missing ...?

But I have to say - this is the #1 feature in my Cadillac that I’d miss the most. #2 is the rear-view mirror display. Again, one of those “Gosh this seems like a no-brainer for Tesla!” kind of features. Third is the HUD.

Surprised that Tesla doesn’t have any of those 3 features; they’re all supremely useful in their own right, and yet, fairly easy to implement ...

14. VT_EE

VT_EE Active Member

They are called "oh *sugar* handles" :-D

15. Stealth MD

Stealth MD Member

+10000 for Bird’s eye view of the car!!! Unbelievable that a $100k+ car doesn’t have this.

Also armrests for 2nd row captains chairs and fold flat feature would be a very welcome addition.

• Like x 4
  16. Lhshockey24

Lhshockey24 Member

They have GOT to make the seats and seat belts more carseat friendly. The seatbelts are constantly getting twisted, the housing for the belt buckle in the 2nd row chairs in so hard to get to. Many booster seats won't even work in the 2nd row because the housing doesn't extend out of the seat.

• Like x 1
  17. Stealth MD

Stealth MD Member

Maybe when Autopilot HW 3.0 comes out, they would add the necessary camera/angle for the birds eye view camera system?