Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hope for salvaged ownership!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NEW TESLA OWNER-NEED HOPE PLEASE!!!

New Tesla owner here! Just bought a salvaged 2019 Model 3 from a used car lot. They got it rebuilt, through a 150 point inspection, etc. it looks, runs and operates beautifully. Like new. It had back end damage, but the airbags never deployed. We learned AFTER purchasing that a salvaged title could blacklist us from updates, supercharging, and servicing. However, someone suggested that when we take the registration into Tesla to get ownership transferred to our Tesla account to just keep our mouth shut, and hope they don’t notice that it’s a salvaged title. Has anyone experienced this, and been successful, and still had access to the app, supercharging, and updates? I’m just feeling frustrated that this wasn’t something I even thought about researching before purchasing the car, and now I have this car that I may not be able to update, or supercharge. Looking for hope/insight from others who may have been through this!

My understanding is that Tesla may require an extensive (and expensive) inspection of their own, which may or may not result in removing you from any blacklist. But it won't cost you anything to go try to update the ownership, and go from there.

• Helpful
Reactions: SSedan