Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hope the new Roadster is not autonomous driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Autonomous driving is an option, is not the only way to drive the car. Having the technology on the car does not mean you can't drive the car on your own.

I sure hope for a future where 100% of the cars are autonomous driving, also wish all cars would be networked to share traffic conditions regardless of manufacturer or model.

That in my opinion would remove most traffic accidents solving some of the issues of traffic flow.

Reactions: nwdiver and Lucent
Oh, I get it. Even my 18 year old son sees the light. He asked yesterday, when will the government mandate all vehicles must be self driving and how can they get all the old cars off the road all at once to make it safer.

Maybe when he's as old as me, the only way to take the wheel into your own hands will be on a closed circuit track day. That'd be OK too, as a sport. Autopilot to get there, race as you will, autopilot home. Ideal.

Reactions: MESM and CarlK
Hope the new Roadster is not autonomous driving

No, it will have batteries... and driver included!

180208-tesla-spacex-earth-se-413p_8dc09d749a030e0af136369eaa9748ae.fit-2000w.jpg

I wonder when autocross, club racing, etc. will include some kind of lockout for FSD cars during tech inspection since they would be so much faster than human driven cars, especially if there was no driver on board.

Or, the other way around. Encourage FSD, and get the human out.

Global championship of driverless cars

Acknowledge that racing is a great platform for improving self-driving software. Much like the way legacy manufacturers prove out new tech in racing before moving features down into consumer grade versions of their products.

Reactions: MESM
Oh, I get it. Even my 18 year old son sees the light. He asked yesterday, when will the government mandate all vehicles must be self driving and how can they get all the old cars off the road all at once to make it safer.

Maybe when he's as old as me, the only way to take the wheel into your own hands will be on a closed circuit track day. That'd be OK too, as a sport. Autopilot to get there, race as you will, autopilot home. Ideal.
That will be the biggest roadblock to autonomous vehicles.

Reactions: MESM