Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hopeful New Owner of...a Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good day from Ramstein, Germany...though will shortly be in the FL panhandle. Likely looking into a Tesla since that's been a dream of mine for awhile, but have been stationed overseas for the past 6 years.

So since I just had my BMW stolen yesterday, guess it's time to get more serious on research.

Family of 5, with kids 13, 11, and 8...and the car will NOT be the primary people mover. Mainly I will use it for the planned ~90 miles a day of driving to/from work.

(NOTE: likely would either need the used car immediately when we get to FL, or have the 3/Y ready for delivery when we arrive)
- Tesla Model S, 2017-2018 year range (found a gorgeous blue one on Autotrader in southern FL for $53k or so)
- New Tesla Model Y
- New Tesla Model 3

Drove a 3 by chance a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. One thing is it felt very low and I had to drop into the car (wife isn't much of a fan of that)...also unsure of how well it would work with the 3 kids. We've gotten used to smaller vehicles here so not a huge concern.

Looking forward to the discussions! Thanks for any help and advice!

-Sean