Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Horn activates talk button???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometime in the past few weeks, anytime I tap the horn, the talk button is activated. Anyone else notice this? Tried to find away to turn this off and can't find any option to do so. it's quite annoying. Seeing everything that's said displaying on the screen when there's no reason for it. Plus overrides the the info I have in that place on the center screen. Hoping there's a way to turn this off?? Anyone?

Also notice it now automatically activates when you open the door. Not a bad idea and I get the reasoning behind that. Open the door and instantly give your command. But why the horn?? What do I need to instruct the car to do after tapping the horn?

OK, thank you for the feedback. Was certain it must have just been some type of feature Tesla put in with the last update. At first, I figured it was just going wonky and would correct it self with a reboot. Then, noticed it did it as soon as I opened the door to get in the car. Thought, that one makes sense. Soon as you open the door, give it your navigation instructions and you're on your way. Not a bad idea. But, the horn makes no sense.

Will call.....errrr, I forgot, it's Tesla, can't call, LOL,..... will schedule service through the app. Will be the first time for this car in almost two years.