Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Horn Blaring with new update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car installed the latest update earlier this morning. A few hours later I'm at work, parked and sitting in my car on a call. After a few minutes, the horn started blaring for no reason. I opened the door to make sure it was me and it was. I then stepped on the brake, which silenced the horn. I thought maybe I was sitting on my key fob but it did the exact same thing a few minutes later.

Anyone else see this issue with the latest update?

My car installed the latest update earlier this morning. A few hours later I'm at work, parked and sitting in my car on a call. After a few minutes, the horn started blaring for no reason. I opened the door to make sure it was me and it was. I then stepped on the brake, which silenced the horn. I thought maybe I was sitting on my key fob but it did the exact same thing a few minutes later.

Anyone else see this issue with the latest update?

What firmware exactly are you referring to? 2018.10 and 2018.6.1 and 2018.4.9 are all the latest firmware for different hardware configurations.

Sounds like they weren't in/by the car. Maybe alarm and failing door ajar switch?

I was sitting in the car. The fob was in my pocket the first time the horn went off, which is when I opened the door but that did not deactivate the horn. It wasn't until I stepped on the brake that it stopped. I closed the door again, took the fob out of my pocket thinking I was probably sitting on it but then the same series of events happened again a few minutes later. I then went into SETTINGS and turned the alarm off thinking it was somehow triggering the alarm. If it was, I'd like to know how and why, why did it just start now as this is not the first time I have been sitting in my parked car.

I was sitting in the car. The fob was in my pocket the first time the horn went off, which is when I opened the door but that did not deactivate the horn. It wasn't until I stepped on the brake that it stopped. I closed the door again, took the fob out of my pocket thinking I was probably sitting on it but then the same series of events happened again a few minutes later. I then went into SETTINGS and turned the alarm off thinking it was somehow triggering the alarm. If it was, I'd like to know how and why, why did it just start now as this is not the first time I have been sitting in my parked car.

Ah. Gotcha. Sounds like the car went to sleep and you scared it. Has your fob battery been changed recently? There have also been reports that being in the same pocket as a phone can make it less effective (ruled out by your second test). Long shot is that the interior antenna is on the fritz.
Or SW times out if you don't drive.
Thanks for the update!