Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Horn sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When my car arrives in the spring and the front bumper is removed for installation of some other mods, I'm going to have a Wolo Air Mite 3 triple tone air horn installed. Click here for the sound: http://www.wolo-mfg.com/405-stereo.wav

I've added loud air horns of this kind to most of my cars. Saved an collision or a pedestrian more than a few times

405b.jpg

Well, technically the mean is the average. The value with half of a probability distribution above and half below is the median.

It doesn't have to be a probability distribution, if we are going to glory in our pedantic selves. The median denotes or relates to a "value or quantity lying at the midpoint of a frequency distribution of observed values or quantities". More practically, it is "the middle number in a given sequence of numbers, taken as the average of the two middle numbers when the sequence has an even number of numbers". Frequency distribution isn't the same as probability distribution (see last definition, or imagine any distribution with two values with one having the most of the probability).

Of course, one is almost always assuming a normal distribution of intelligence, and in that case the median and the mean are the same.

Frankly, I don't see how any of this helps me decide whether to get jump seats or not ;)

Three weeks into my Model S and I have not had to use the horn yet, but I most certainly will soon enough. There are plenty of bad drivers out there (especially in Chicago) that require some audible alerts to your presence. This is could be more important with pedestrians that won't hear the EV. I'll have to test it out next time I am in the car!

When my car arrives in the spring and the front bumper is removed for installation of some other mods, I'm going to have a Wolo Air Mite 3 triple tone air horn installed. Click here for the sound: http://www.wolo-mfg.com/405-stereo.wav

I've added loud air horns of this kind to most of my cars. Saved an collision or a pedestrian more than a few times

View attachment 11844

You might find that this is installable from the inside with the Frunk covers removed.

The Model S needs an pedestrian horn too. Driving through parking lots silently it's nice to have a little brrp sound to lightly inform them of your presence. I talked with the new projects guy at Tesla and he said everything is already in the car to make this on the steering wheel stalk "brights flash" switch. I look forward to some upgrade to include this practical feature.

I tested the horn several times yesterday at the Washington DC store. It won't disappoint. It's very loud and has an excellent air horn-like tone. Don't know if it's actually an air horn, but it sounds like one. I have very high standards for horn volume and tone and Model S met them with flying colors.