Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Horrendous brake feel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Old post. But I have the same issue with my 2020 SR+. No linear feel. Zero initial bite.
Having so much power going forward and so little feel when is insane. Drove 2 other M3.
LR and SR+. Same *sugar* feel.

I've ordered a set of pads, Hawk HPS 5.0. Will see.

I'd advise anyone who is looking to upgrade the feel of their brakes to check out the MPP Brake Booster Brace. I've run mine for over a year and its a night and day difference. Quick and easy install, immediate gratification. I also firmly believe the issues we hear about with folks needing to replace their pads and rotors unexpectedly would benefit from this mod as well.

I'd advise anyone who is looking to upgrade the feel of their brakes to check out the MPP Brake Booster Brace. I've run mine for over a year and its a night and day difference. Quick and easy install, immediate gratification. I also firmly believe the issues we hear about with folks needing to replace their pads and rotors unexpectedly would benefit from this mod as well.
Thanks - I'll see how the pad swap goes (I had EBC yellows as street pads on my old Miata track car and loved them) and then look at this mod.

I have the brace don’t feel the same way

If you don’t feel any difference maybe you don’t have the brace tight enough against the master cylinder. There should be a distinct firmness in the pedal as opposed to no brace.

I agree with Occhis, mine was absolutely noticeable immediately and has been one of my favorite mods to the car so far ('21 M3LR). The MPP instructions are possibly a little too conservative on how much the brace should be touching the master cylinder:

• Thread out the adjuster until the base touches the master cylinder, but do not use the wrench to force the adjuster against the master cylinder.
  • Tighten the 13mm jam nut on the adjuster, ensuring that the brace is touching the master cylinder, but isn’t overly preloaded against it.

I agree with Occhis, mine was absolutely noticeable immediately and has been one of my favorite mods to the car so far ('21 M3LR). The MPP instructions are possibly a little too conservative on how much the brace should be touching the master cylinder:
I tighten the foot by hand and got it really snug, so hopefully that was the right way to install it lol