Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people need to turn that around - maybe the fact that we keep seeing these complaints over and over again isn't about the people making the complaints but about Tesla. The question I have is why do some people feel compelled to defend Tesla in cases like this and bash the people making complaints?
So, how many Tesla owners come here on this forum and complain out of all sold/delivered Tesla cars world wide? In fact, this population of small group number is negligible, meaning people who are happy with their cars don't come to this forum and complain, which is the majority.

Reactions: Jayohee
I think people need to turn that around - maybe the fact that we keep seeing these complaints over and over again isn't about the people making the complaints but about Tesla. The question I have is why do some people feel compelled to defend Tesla in cases like this and bash the people making complaints?
Turn it around!?!?! ... #1 rule of fight club is it's never Tesla's fault or issue to fix 😂

I don't think there is much distorted views in this forum about what are issues and what are not issues. But among us, there are different levels of tolerance to those issues. I guess it happen to be that many people in this forum don't think lacking a paper floor mat is an issue.

Apparently Tesla is disorganized with regard to customer service. But I found most of the time, if I talk to the staff at Tesla nicely like talking to a friendly neighbour, they will try their best to help me out.

so, based on nothing, you just assume the situation, you just decide this is the worst thing that happens all the time.....hmmm...
No, based on the description, the presence of cobwebs, etc. Or we could say that based on nothing you assume the best?
someone pointed out that the ding is actually the reflection of the other car next to it.
It will be better for your health if you just don't jump the gun whenever you see any defect on Tesla cars.
That’s not the white tesla bumper. Fyi. Lol

No, they pointed out the ding was not the reflection in the car next to it. Please read more carefully.

And can you please explain why anyone should expect the 'Tesla Experience' to be a dirty car, disorganized delivery, damaged seats, door dings, misaligned doors and panel that the service center tries to pass off as 'within spec,' etc.

If the service center had said "we just noticed that door ding - we can either schedule an appointment to have it fixed or get our dent repair service to fix it before you take delivery" then I'd say they were doing a good job. Forcing someone to accept a delivery of a damaged car? No. Unacceptable.

Reactions: Fourdoor
Looks like the seal around the headlight leaks (ironically, it probably got the moisture inside when they washed the car before delivery!) The real question is how did the dealer deal with the issue?

Dealer replaced both headlights. Twice. 2016 was a first model year for the SPA XC90 Volvo, it had its issues. At least the paint matched and body panels lined up. And the smell, that Nappa leather smelled so, so good…

Reactions: sleepydoc
No, based on the description, the presence of cobwebs, etc. Or we could say that based on nothing you assume the best?

let me be more specific. I guess "based on nothing" was not accurate. My apologies. Without seeing the picture or being the first person who experienced that situation, you just don't know. Every human is different and their level of dirtiness is different.

No, they pointed out the ding was not the reflection in the car next to it. Please read more carefully.
Again, my apologies for not reading the whole post. Again, as I mentioned millions of times, those minor issues are not just Tesla and it doesn't happen all the time with Tesla either. As I mentioned again and again, these posts here on this forum are negligible numbers when compared to the total number of car sold. How do you know if every single Tesla cars have these issues or every single interaction with the Tesla service is all miserable and hassle and out of common sense?

Reactions: Jersey_guy_202
And can you please explain why anyone should expect the 'Tesla Experience' to be a dirty car, disorganized delivery, damaged seats, door dings, misaligned doors and panel that the service center tries to pass off as 'within spec,' etc.
Just like everything in this world, nothing is perfect. this one incident regarding this specific OP's experience doesn't apply to other millions of other Tesla owners experience,.
Your entire argument is based on a few or several incidents in this online forum posts which you will see the same or worse level of issues in other car forums. Do you know what's in common? They are all minority experience and opinions.

If the service center had said "we just noticed that door ding - we can either schedule an appointment to have it fixed or get our dent repair service to fix it before you take delivery" then I'd say they were doing a good job. Forcing someone to accept a delivery of a damaged car? No. Unacceptable.
Again, you automatically assume that Tesla intentionally did not fix the ding/issue even though they knew the issue during their PDI. How do you know. Can you bet your life on it? Any recording or evidence to back your "theory"?
All I am saying is we don't know what happened. They might have missed it during the PDI or they intentionally ignored that ding. Also, it doesn't happen all the time at all. Even I missed pretty significant scratch on the driver's side fender even after I did about 1.5 hour inspection with the checklist during the delivery. So, even owners missed those and yet Tesla should find all the things 100% all the time?
Also, I have not seen any single legacy auto dealers actively tell you that they found the ding/issue during their PDI and offer the customers options as you mentioned in your post. They all just hope you don't find anything and if you miss that they are off the hook. Customers are the ones always point out the issue and they offer to fix the issue before you sign the paper and after that you are on your own meaning you will have to either schedule an appointment for warranty work or take it somewhere if the dealer say "within spec".

Reactions: Jersey_guy_202
to clarify my experience with delivery day. Both my Y experience was great. The workers at the Daly City Colma center was so nice. Even going with 3 of my buddies on their delivery day, the workers there are so nice too. The problem is not the workers there, its the factory QC issues. Delivering their cars to the delivery center and letting the workers deal with getting the car clean up and ready. And the issue with upper management "policy". Just accept the car and let the service center deal with all the issues.

My LR was a 2020 so it had some very minor panel gap issues. Since it was my first Tesla, I wanted to be perfect. The SC actually made it worst. My 2022 MYP had a headlight alignment...F it. Im not bringing it up and get it back with more issues. Everything else on the car was great.

to clarify my experience with delivery day. Both my Y experience was great. The workers at the Daly City Colma center was so nice. Even going with 3 of my buddies on their delivery day, the workers there are so nice too. The problem is not the workers there, its the factory QC issues. Delivering their cars to the delivery center and letting the workers deal with getting the car clean up and ready. And the issue with upper management "policy". Just accept the car and let the service center deal with all the issues.

My LR was a 2020 so it had some very minor panel gap issues. Since it was my first Tesla, I wanted to be perfect. The SC actually made it worst. My 2022 MYP had a headlight alignment...F it. Im not bringing it up and get it back with more issues. Everything else on the car was great.
Sorry so absolutely confusing. Your experience was great at delivery and they were so nice yet you continue to say they didn’t prepare issues and the ones they did were worse. Mind melt. lol

Sorry so absolutely confusing. Your experience was great at delivery and they were so nice yet you continue to say they didn’t prepare issues and the ones they did were worse. Mind melt. lol

being nice vs getting the job done is two different thing.

Workers there were nice but my buddy's car had issues. All he wanted was to reject the VIN and wait for another one. But Tesla won't allow that (policy).

my two MY I got was great. I help two other buddy with theirs and was also great.

I also had a terrible buying experience...one of the most stressful things I’ve done and I also joined this forum to vent...but picking up the car was flawless as was the car...even the home visit of a technician to do a minor recall was a delight.
Living with the car is another matter...closer to a love affair than car ownership...all the hassle has fallen into the far recesses of my mind..now I am an evangelist (nicer term than fanboi).
I watch a lot of car programs on tv and I know that American’s have a thing about panel gaps (mine are perfect, thank you very much), after battery life it’s probably the most written about subject here..but this is the thing, Tesla aren’t really in the car business, they are in the computer business, and that interface between the customer thinking they are getting a car and the company thinking they are giving you a computer creates friction.
Just live with the car a while, try to get all your problems sorted...and one day you will be spouting nonsense like me😀

One thing to note on the dirty/dusty dashboard. I noticed that MY/M3 dashboard can collect dust really quick. I washed the car inside and out spotless yesterday and let the door open to dry. After about 20 minutes, I noticed very noticeable amount of dust all over the dashboard. It was windy day and the way the dashboard and windshield designed can catch the kicked up dirt/dust fairly easily.

I'll grudgingly give you the dash board... but the dirty exterior and spider webs in the back?

I wasn't joking when I said that I would find this delivery experience unacceptable in a brand new $20,000 economy car.

Tesla delivery consultants or what ever the F they are called now are NOT sales people and since they are not trying to please the customer to make a sale they have zero motivation to make the delivery pleasant other than their own inherent demeaner. IF you get an energetic people pleaser type you will have a clean car and a pleasant experience... if you get a lazy sack of $hit, you will have a dirty car and a "what you want me to do about it" attitude... there is zero consequence for them being the second type, so the majority of them devolve to that level of customer service over time.

Keith

Reactions: yellowr6
On
...and yet the 'Tesla experience' is routinely worse than the GM one.

Thanks for the tip. I've actually had good service from the Minneapolis (actually Eden Prarie) and Rogers. I've only had 2 visits; once to fix the driver's power seat and the other was to replace the heat pump. My delivery was brief, but it was summer of 2020 and everyone was avoiding everyone so it's all I expected and could expect at the time and there were no quality issues with my car. So I'm not unhappy with the service I've received but it bothers me to see the repeated stories of pretty abysmal service. More than that, it bothers and bewilders me to see people try to defend the practice and then bash people who have the gall to complain about poor service.

True, but that should be done before delivery, not after, nor should they force a customer to accept a damaged car.

I got the impression from the OP that is was not a small amount of dust, rather that it hadn't been cleaned since it left the factory.

wait until the service center fixes the dent and return it broken door panel clips.

• Funny
Reactions: yellowr6
OP reported spider webs in the car... does it sound like it was cleaned that day and the dash just got dusty in the few hours between detailing and pick up to you? Who is making the assumption here?

Keith
Did you see the picture? I assume nothing because I was not there and didn't see the car. The tesla dsahboard can get dirty and dusty with one blow of air with dirt. that's seconds not hours or not days. Where was the spider webs? how big was it? Did you see it? Did they intentionally ignore the spider webs? Did they miss it? Does that make Tesla the worst company that does this kind of nonsense all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.