Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Horrible echo on bluetooth?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I did a quick search to see if others are complaining about this recently, but didn't see anything. I have an iPhone Xs which I think has been working fine for about a year. Just recently, multiple people are saying they can hear themselves talk (an echo). It's so bad they don't want to talk with me until I switch to my headset or put the phone on speaker. I've tried adjusting the volume to see if that helps, and it's not. It seems like this started in the last week or two.

Anyone else notice this?

I'm on 2020.36.16

Thanks!

Most of the time, echo's like that are caused because there are microphones close together picking up the sound and creating a feedback loop. Its possible that your iPhone mic is not being turned off when connected to the car speakers / mic.

Try deleting the phone bluetooth connection from the car ( not phone as key, but the phone bluetooth connection) AND the car from the phone, and re- pair then to see if it repairs them :cool:

TL ; DR "uninstall it and re install it and see if it fixes it"

Hello,

I did a quick search to see if others are complaining about this recently, but didn't see anything. I have an iPhone Xs which I think has been working fine for about a year. Just recently, multiple people are saying they can hear themselves talk (an echo). It's so bad they don't want to talk with me until I switch to my headset or put the phone on speaker. I've tried adjusting the volume to see if that helps, and it's not. It seems like this started in the last week or two.

Anyone else notice this?

I'm on 2020.36.16

Thanks!
Have you tried to pair another phone with your car and use it for a phone call? This way you will find out if it's the phone, or the car's Bluetooth.