Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HORRIBLE NEW CAR SMELL - IS IT NEW?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It didn't seem the 2021 had the smell so I ordered a new one and the new car smell is blowing me and all my guests away. I thought you avoid the cheap materials when you spend 80k. I'm willing to spend 140k to avoid it next time. Well, the car is selling for more than I bought it for, so maybe I can sell it and get a tax rebate. But I would love to know what's it's coming from and why ozone won't get rid of it. I don't smell anything specifically with it such as the seats or what not, is it coming from the internal pipes or HVAC? Is there anywhere to talk to the engineers or makers to get this kind of low down. I have seen tech service 5 times with no answers, I guess no escalation process exists with Tesla. I'm left thinking I may have to go to court to deal with this. I'm not just going to park it and let it waste away.

I'd also love to be able to lock my doors for safety without spending an hour on an app. Is there no door lock button, isn't that required by law? I can't lock the doors. It's embarrassing if nothing else.

It didn't seem the 2021 had the smell so I ordered a new one and the new car smell is blowing me and all my guests away. I thought you avoid the cheap materials when you spend 80k. I'm willing to spend 140k to avoid it next time. Well, the car is selling for more than I bought it for, so maybe I can sell it and get a tax rebate. But I would love to know what's it's coming from and why ozone won't get rid of it. I don't smell anything specifically with it such as the seats or what not, is it coming from the internal pipes or HVAC? Is there anywhere to talk to the engineers or makers to get this kind of low down. I have seen tech service 5 times with no answers, I guess no escalation process exists with Tesla. I'm left thinking I may have to go to court to deal with this. I'm not just going to park it and let it waste away.

I'd also love to be able to lock my doors for safety without spending an hour on an app. Is there no door lock button, isn't that required by law? I can't lock the doors. It's embarrassing if nothing else.
Smell is probably because car is delivered to you right after it is made in the factory instead of sitting on a car lot for a while which gives it some time to air out.

I do agree that the new car smell in a new Tesla is extremely overpowering and makes you dizzy and nauseous

there's a giant lock under controls in the app, takes 10 sec, not an hour. Also on your screen, on top of the car, like a big ass lock picture. Read the manual, you seem confused, its embarrassing if nothing else. And good luck in court, have fun with that.

I'm sure Tesla Service had the same reaction as me.....What???!?? and nice try, have a good day...

Wow, if that was your first post, I can't wait to read your second. Have you tried Biohazard mode? I suggest you familiarize yourself with the AC system. You might also consider reading the owner's manual before whining about the door locks.

• Funny
Reactions: fiehlsport
there's a giant lock under controls in the app, takes 10 sec, not an hour. Also on your screen, on top of the car, like a big ass lock picture. Read the manual, you seem confused, its embarrassing if nothing else. And good luck in court, have fun with that.
Ten seconds is too long to lock your door lol it's been instant since the roaring 20's

Smell is probably because car is delivered to you right after it is made in the factory instead of sitting on a car lot for a while which gives it some time to air out.
I figured that much. What I'm trying to find out since nothing smells is if it's internal, if it's maybe an air purifier or something and get some idea how long it will last on its own, and why it is impervious to ozone since nothing except a few super forever chemicals are impervious to ozone.

I did print the whole manual, took like 19 cartridges of ink. Another thing Tesla doesn't give you that every since car manufacturer in the world gives you and has given you since Henry Ford's first car came off the assembly line. I don't have time to hire a millenial to lock my doors. I want them locked the SECOND I get in that car before the guy chasing me with the chainsaw jumps in behind me. You all live in the fancy greenwich areas and don't think there's any crime in the world but there is and your fancy Tesla won't save you when the wifi connect takes 10 minutes to lock the doors. Where's the door lock button seriously. Give me a break. I will win my case. And I'll add your face into it too dummy
BE5323C4-5A32-408A-804F-0D46E4DDF22B.jpeg

What do you take your cell phone everywhere you go you proper citizen? You never jump in a car and take a drive like a man, you gotta have your little iphone next to you so feel safe. I don't bring my phone on a trip down the street to the ghetto to get chicken wings and I damn well want to lock the doors while I'm picking up my 6pc.
You don't need your phone...at the top of the Tesla touchscreen there is a padlock icon. Clicking on the icon will lock and unlock the doors. The doors also auto lock when you drive away. The "ghetto" comment conveys your character and intent....Tesla might not be the best match for you and yes, I take my phone everywhere I go.

Reactions: Payjack and 804son