Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Horrible protection film from Tesla store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered the paint protection film from the Tesla store. It came in a large round paper tube. Look at the amount of dust and the corners were lifted. It is completely useless. I tried to clean it with the soap water and hope it would stick. Of course, the corners won't stick. Is this how it's always packaged from the store?

IMG_8161.jpg

Reactions: Halpm3Pleas3
I found other threads with similar packaging issues. I’m going to send it back. I don’t want a replacement if it comes packaged like this. Honestly, this is the sort of packaging crap job you only see from AliExpress orders.

Should have done a search of the forums before ordering. I’ve lost faith in the Tesla store. Power to the community.

Mine also came with one of the corners slightly lifted up, but also to a lesser degree. And it doesn't have all of that fine dust surrounding it, so I am still hopeful it will stick. I haven't received my car yet, so it's just waiting to be installed. If needed, I'll trim the corner(s) off as others have mentioned. Still disappointing though.

Ordered the paint protection film from the Tesla store. It came in a large round paper tube. Look at the amount of dust and the corners were lifted. It is completely useless. I tried to clean it with the soap water and hope it would stick. Of course, the corners won't stick. Is this how it's always packaged from the store?

View attachment 663503
That is interesting with all the dust. Maybe yours was an earlier return? I plan to order the Tesla PPF and will watch out for this.