Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Horrible service experience in Las Vegas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my model y in June of 2020. With the pandemic I was unable to get some repairs done because when I took it in for service there was no one at the Las Vegas service center to talk to so I didn’t even know when the car would be repaired. Finally got an appointment on this Sept 25 to have the trunk lid aligned, a rear tail light replaced because moisture was getting inside, the frunk sensors replaced because it was saying the frunk was open, and some a/c sensors replaced because the a/c was cutting off. The first appointment they gave me was for October 26 which was over a month later. Took it in on the 26th and was told it would be ready that evening. Then when that came and went was told it would be ready the 27th at closing. Now failing that I have been told it will be ready tomorrow. No loaner but Uber credits. 1 day ok….2 days, 1day too long, 3 days not acceptable. Was told the frunk sensors take a long time to replace and they were back logged with work. I like my car but don’t understand why Tesla service can’t be up to a standard for an expensive car. I would expect this from a Kia dealer but not when you pay more than $60,000 for a vehicle. I was more upset when the young lady I spoke to told me that they weren’t charging me for the work and that I should be happy. I told her that it was warranty work for defects which came from the factory and she said no…..it was not warranty work. Man…..have to say now I would seriously reconsider buying a Tesla when factory defects are not considered warranty work. I like the car but someone at Tesla needs to improve the service center here in Las Vegas.

Reactions: Dcam
Yup 16 months ago. But middle of pandemic and the service center really didn’t know what they were doing. Tried to find someone to talk to but doors all locked and no phone number to call. When I drove up got a message in the app thanks for dropping the car off but no further instructions. Kind of a lost cause. Then pandemic got worse…I am 73 and had no desire to use Uber…get the virus….and die. If you know what I mean. Now all vaccinated and feel a little more safe with Uber. I just get frustrated that once they have your money the service seems to just stop. Sad to think that it might be better to drive all day to Salt Lake City just to get the car serviced or any other service center than the one in Las Vegas.

Got my model y in June of 2020. With the pandemic I was unable to get some repairs done because when I took it in for service there was no one at the Las Vegas service center to talk to so I didn’t even know when the car would be repaired. Finally got an appointment on this Sept 25 to have the trunk lid aligned, a rear tail light replaced because moisture was getting inside, the frunk sensors replaced because it was saying the frunk was open, and some a/c sensors replaced because the a/c was cutting off. The first appointment they gave me was for October 26 which was over a month later. Took it in on the 26th and was told it would be ready that evening. Then when that came and went was told it would be ready the 27th at closing. Now failing that I have been told it will be ready tomorrow. No loaner but Uber credits. 1 day ok….2 days, 1day too long, 3 days not acceptable. Was told the frunk sensors take a long time to replace and they were back logged with work. I like my car but don’t understand why Tesla service can’t be up to a standard for an expensive car. I would expect this from a Kia dealer but not when you pay more than $60,000 for a vehicle. I was more upset when the young lady I spoke to told me that they weren’t charging me for the work and that I should be happy. I told her that it was warranty work for defects which came from the factory and she said no…..it was not warranty work. Man…..have to say now I would seriously reconsider buying a Tesla when factory defects are not considered warranty work. I like the car but someone at Tesla needs to improve the service center here in Las Vegas.
You need to request a different service advisor. This lady is terrible.

Yeah I'm in Vegas too and our service center isn't good at all. It's like they don't care to do anything other than show people cars for test drives. They've screwed me over multiple times this week.

Reactions: Dcam
Yup 16 months ago. But middle of pandemic and the service center really didn’t know what they were doing. Tried to find someone to talk to but doors all locked and no phone number to call. When I drove up got a message in the app thanks for dropping the car off but no further instructions. Kind of a lost cause. Then pandemic got worse…I am 73 and had no desire to use Uber…get the virus….and die. If you know what I mean. Now all vaccinated and feel a little more safe with Uber. I just get frustrated that once they have your money the service seems to just stop. Sad to think that it might be better to drive all day to Salt Lake City just to get the car serviced or any other service center than the one in Las Vegas.
Its been a mess since August 2018, last experience was today March 21, 2022.