Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Horrible Tesla Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bakersfield Tesla Service Center:

First off, they provided us a loaner in horrible condition, which should not be drivable. We have a 1 year old child and the vehicle they gave us has bald tires that can blow up any time. The front lower grill is hanging by a thread and the entire car was filthy. Completely filthy with a stench as if a skunk is living in the car.

What type of service loaner is this and why would they even let a customer drive this? It's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Secondly, the service technicians are not helpful at all. Our Model X has been to the shop 4 times within the past 5 months, two times regarding the same issue where it died completely without notice and left us stranded twice. It doesn't seem like they're actually taking care of the root problem. This is unacceptable and they keep charging a diagnostic fee when they should fix the root problem. Instead the technician, Daniel, states they change what the computer says needs to be "changed" and if another part fails after that then they fix it. Seems like they're just putting a bandaid over the actual problem. The other "tech" Cody, who I don't even think is a tech, kept giving us the run around like he knows everything, but when I demanded to speak with an actual technician he becomes afraid and finally sends me to Daniel. Our car has just been sitting at the service center and hasn't been touched in about a week. Battery charge continues to decline and they don't even plug it in. Last time they left us with 40 miles of battery and my home is 30 miles away.

Anyone know who can I speak to regarding these issues and how can they educate the Bakersfield service center employees on customer care and service? I can't seem to find their customer service email as the old one is no longer being monitored.

Apologies for the rant.

Tesla service sucks! I keep getting a message on my dash, "Power reduced, service required". I made an appointment for Wednesday morning. No loaners available, Uber ride home. The person at the desk said to message her at 8am to get a loaner. I did that and got no response. Friday I messaged again, no response. My car is supposed to be ready at 7:15pm Friday. I get a message at 5:58 saying my car will be ready at 6:15pm Tuesday. It also said service hours are 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday. I messaged them back at 6:01pm...They're closed! I'm stuck at home for the weekend with Uber vouchers.
Supposedly there is a coolant level spike caused by a bad coolant temperature sensor and they want to change the rear drive unit. I have a Model X with 14,000 miles on it. I hope they won't install a reconditioned rear drive unit from a high mileage car.

Same experience here in Montreal - Service is HORRIBLE - They do not want to talk to people anymore ....

Even if they did not scaled up correctly - it does not mean that they had to cut courtesy and human interaction. Take ownership of your decision and face the customers who spent big $ to buy your car.

Not a Tesla fan anymore.

I bought a model 3 and loved it. My husband also loved it so we tried to trade in his Audi. The offer was over 10,000 less than other offers. /they gave him the offer and refused to speak with him after that. He decided to sell his car back to Audi dealership and loose 3,556 on taxes. I. called the Tesla number and was on hold almost an hour. I asked that the store calm to make an appointment to purchase the S model car. Hours went by and no one ever called. I called back and was on hold another hour. Still no one contacted me. I just don't understand he wanted to purchase a 95,000 car and I had just bought my model 3. Its been 3 days and none will ever call back. He gave up and went back to EL Paso Audi and purchased a e-tron RS. They just didn't care they lost nearly 100,000. Makes me wish I hadn't bought mine now from the El Paso Tesla store. What if I have problem or just a question and can't get any help. Wonder is I will get a response with this post. I bet not. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE BEWARE!!!!

I bought a model 3 and loved it. My husband also loved it so we tried to trade in his Audi. The offer was over 10,000 less than other offers. /they gave him the offer and refused to speak with him after that. He decided to sell his car back to Audi dealership and loose 3,556 on taxes. I. called the Tesla number and was on hold almost an hour. I asked that the store calm to make an appointment to purchase the S model car. Hours went by and no one ever called. I called back and was on hold another hour. Still no one contacted me. I just don't understand he wanted to purchase a 95,000 car and I had just bought my model 3. Its been 3 days and none will ever call back. He gave up and went back to EL Paso Audi and purchased a e-tron RS. They just didn't care they lost nearly 100,000. Makes me wish I hadn't bought mine now from the El Paso Tesla store. What if I have problem or just a question and can't get any help. Wonder is I will get a response with this post. I bet not. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE BEWARE!!!!
What did you want to talk about? The order process for all cars at any price is the same. Go to website, select car, deposit, and done. They don’t have used car lots so no, they don’t typically have the best trade values. Not a complicated system if you use it as designed from my experience.

You dodged a bullet. Imagine what happens if you spent $100,000 and they won't respond when your car quits working or shuts down while you're driving it.

Tesla service is indeed a joke. They could do better, but they don't need to even bother trying as long as people keep buying their products.