TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Horribly Biased Anti-Tesla Reporting

Discussion in 'Model S' started by jcdenton40, Apr 20, 2017.

1. jcdenton40

jcdenton40 Member

I won't do them the favor of linking to the article, but here's today's headline from TheStreet.com (one of the more prominent investing-related news sites out there) regarding today's Tesla recall:

"Tesla's Model S Recall and 12 More of the Worst Auto Blunders of All Time"

That's right... They are literally claiming that this proactive recall (involving a third party part which has had a total reported failure rate of ZERO thus far) is one of the "worst auto blunders of all time".

And this isn't simply a case of a clickbait headline which contradicts the article itself; from the body of the article:

"Is it as bad a the exploding pinto, no, but where does the incident rank among the worst automotive industry blunders and recalls in history? TheStreet takes a look:"

2. jcdenton40

jcdenton40 Member

BTW this isn't the first time TheStreet.com has pulled something like this.

From two months ago:

Musk Pens Email to Employees, Stresses Importance of Work Environment
    Tesla (TSLA) CEO Elon Musk said employees need to 'look forward' to coming to work each day.

Then the actual quote:

"It is incredibly important to me that you look forward to coming to work every day. For that, we must be a fair and just company - the only kind worth creating," Musk wrote.

3. dmode

dmode Member

I don't how long you have been following this board. There is an entire section on Tesla FUD articles. It is a thriving industry to write Tesla FUD

4. jcdenton40

jcdenton40 Member

5. anonim1979

anonim1979 Member

Geez, what a cr*p.

6. SMAlset

SMAlset Member

As I understand reading an article or two on the recall, it involved a small period of time, the part is from a third party supplier and will be paid for by them; yes, Tesla will incur the labor for it (actually not sure if that was going to be shared or even picked up by the supplier) but the owners affected get the satisfaction of knowing the issue that could occur won't happen to them. Tesla said not a safety issue. When I read the story didn't see how that was a negative to Tesla or the affected customers. Good PR IMO and would think the investors would be pleased over all with this. Hate these companies that publish clickbait.

7. Manzacoty

Manzacoty Member

There is product recall insurance which I'm sure is picking up the tab.

I'm an investor and not the least bit worried.

8. tpham07

tpham07 Member

its not even a mandatory recall, that shows you how "serious" this so called problem really is.

9. jcdenton40

jcdenton40 Member

Lol. As of today they’ve changed the title. Still ridiculously sensationalistic, of course.

Did Tesla Just Join the List of the Worst Automotive Industry Mishaps of all Time?

• Funny x 4
  10. Elric2176

Elric2176 Member

Really bad article.

It says, "The issue has no relation to the vehicles' regular brakes, and Tesla has received no reports of the parking brake system failing to hold a car in place....Is it as bad a the exploding pinto, no, but where does the incident rank among the worst automotive industry blunders and recalls in history? TheStreet takes a look:" There is a slideshow of what they consider the 13 worst "blunders and recalls", not mentioning Tesla at all, of course, and they never answer the question "where does the incident rank?"

So apparently the answer to the headline's question "Did Tesla Just Join the List of the Worst Automotive Industry Mishaps of all Time?" is "No, it didn't."

They can probably keep this whole article as a template, and every time any automaker has a recall, they can just cut-and-paste the recall details in and create a new story for no cost... "Did <<automaker name>> Just Join the List of the Worst Automotive Industry Mishaps of all Time?"

11. RogerHScott

RogerHScott Active Member

Classic Trump-style rhetoric: "Is Hillary a child molester? I don't know!" "Did Obama personally ship nuclear weapons to ISIS, paying
    extra for Saturday delivery? I don't know!"

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  12. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Classic internet click-bait. The web is full of such junk.

• Like x 1
  13. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

Horribly biased anti-Tesla reporting? Let me get my fainting couch.

• Funny x 2