Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Horsepower?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just like ICE cars, the horsepower is never going to be exact. Depends on state of battery charge, temperature, If you are measuring battery potential output, or adding up the power output capability of both motors. Lots of things will change measurable horsepower.

Most of us use the posted 0-60 mph times to deterimine which model to purchase for performance, and the total battery and wheel size for range.

0 to 60 in 5.2 sec. I guess similar ICE cars which achieve similar times are between 350 and 400 HP?

But then those ICE cars will do better in quarter mile+ times and top speed will be much higher.

This is why I would use the bottom of that range. IMO I'd compare it to a 320-350HP ICE car, definitely not 600 HP..

75D 259hp front 328 rear. Tesla website. Otherwise, short answer: enough:)
No, MORE than enough, unless you are entering a tractor pull (and even then, you may be OK).

Incorrect ... according to Tesla the 70D/75D has 259hp front and rear motors that are battery limited to 328hp combined. :cool:

upload_2016-7-16_13-27-10.png

Reactions: msnow