Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Horseshoe Bay Destination Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone used the Destination Charger at the Horseshoe Bay resort (near Marble Falls, TX)? It says for patrons only... I'm guessing I can go in and have a bite to eat at one of their restaurants and be considered a patron? It also says "see valet" -- does that mean I need to pay the valet to use the charger?

I have not used this particular charger, but based upon past experiences yes you'll have to use the valet. This is something that irritates me and I wish Tesla would try to prevent this. I've used two destination chargers at resorts in Texas recently. La Cantera in San Antonio and Hyatt in Lost Pines. They were both different experiences.

La Cantera, I had to go to the valet. They had to move a car out of the way and backed mine in. We were not "guests" but just there playing golf for the day. I still had to pay the day rate for valet and then tip the valet guy. That makes it very expensive to charge.

Hyatt in Lost Pines was a much better experience. I still had to ask someone, but they just pointed me over to the charger and I backed in and plugged up. No charge.

If it says "See valet" then most likely you'll have to pay the day valet rate and maybe eat at the restaurant to be considered a patron.

Anyone used the Destination Charger at the Horseshoe Bay resort (near Marble Falls, TX)? It says for patrons only... I'm guessing I can go in and have a bite to eat at one of their restaurants and be considered a patron? It also says "see valet" -- does that mean I need to pay the valet to use the charger?

I was a guest at the hotel and I have used it. It's accessible without valet and I parked myself. While it's not true of all destination chargers, my personal opinion is that in this particular instance it would be fine if you ate at the restaurant and charged. I've stayed at other hotels that require you to valet in order to access the destination charger (and sometimes they have to move a car for you). You might just call ahead and ask if it's okay.