TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Hot Ferraris

Discussion in 'Cars and Transportation' started by TEG, Sep 24, 2010.

1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Aug 20, 2006
    Silicon Valley
    #1 TEG, Sep 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    This story is a bit old now, but the # of burning Ferrari Italia videos showing up on Youtube is staggering.

2. SteveTheTech

SteveTheTech Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Northern Virginia, United States
    #2 SteveTheTech, Sep 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    I agree that the photos and videos of burning dream cars is a little sad as an automotive enthusiast I shed a small tear. As long as no one gets hurt though material possessions can be replaced...I guess that since there is an open recall on some of these that Ferrari would be out a few cars.

One of my favorite videos is still the flying Veyron

In the CNN article they mentioned Thermal Incidents. I remember when I was a new Nissan tech there were still a few of the late 80s Z cars on the road that had the potential of thermal incidents from a failed fuel hose and a few bad seals. As the new guy I was the lucky one to get to do it. Thermal incident sounds much better than fire. People hate fires, but more than that the manufacturers fear being associated with fire.