Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hot weather range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made it to Penola with 25 km of charge left. I set the cruise control for 95, then 90, then 95, then 100 - depending on range information. I was lucky enough to have a strong tail wind. Let's hope that wind isn't around for the trip home. :eek:

External temp was 40C most of the way but using range mode, the cabin was beautifully cool. I used Autopilot the whole way which made for a relaxing if boring trip. In other cars, I'm often speeding when I head down this way but this time the sight of the highway patrol caused me none of the usual anxiety. Great service at Raidis - Emma showed me where the plug is, and her father in law chatted to me when I hooked it up after dinner. The car will be ready with a full tank at 6:30am tomorrow. Next stop is Plugshare member Rob at Bacchus Marsh who has kindly agreed to let me top up if needed before hitting Richmond for some serious juice.

I feel a bit like an explorer!

Thanks to Plug-sharer Rob in Bacchus Marsh, I was able to top up prior to arriving at the Richmond Supercharger. Now Wodonga bound. :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 107
COLD weather range?
Anybody else in Sydney see there Wh/km go up over winter? Mine was pretty stable at 184Wh/km, over winter it has been about 194. Yes, conditions cry but I have a very predictable pattern of use.
(NB it is JUST POSSIBLE that I use more power after the ludicrous upgrade, but I actually rarely go hard, in fact I've been trying to lower my consumption lately....)