Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hotel charging in Green Bay, WI?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I'm so excited to report I'm actually going to be paid by work to drive my Model S to Green Bay, WI, for a business trip. I was wondering if anyone can identify a hotel that has EV charging, so I could preferentially give them my business. I did spot some EV charging through Chargepoint, however I'd much rather get a full understanding of the town. Thanks for any wisdom, experience, witty comments, etc.

Call and ask if they have a 120 volt outlet you can use. 3 miles per hour (about 1 kWh). 75 miles per day. But with 200 miles to nearest SC, I would take a ICE, unless I was in GB for at least 3 days. Get PlugShare and you will find a few level 2 chargers. Like I said, take an ICE.

Last edited:
The Hyatt on main is 0.2 miles from 2 6.6 kW J1772 charge point's at the local electric utility (WPS / Integrys). The hotel is downtown, nice restaurants within walking distance (Hinterland, Titletown Brewery, Republic Chophouse, Black & Tan). I would call ahead to verify hours of availability for the chargers, but they are in the visitors lot so I would think they are available 24/7.

There is a Country Inn and suites 0.8 miles from AMI, Inc (2325 Pamperin). At AMI, Inc. there are 1 HPWC at 50 amps and 2 15 amp J1772 chargers (there are no 14-50 plugs). All 3 chargers are open to the public 24/7, 99% of the time there are 2 vehicles pluged-in during the day. If there happens to be a car in your way, just ask the front desk and they will have it moved. There are a few mid-range restaurants in the same parking lot as the Country Inn and Suites (Cranky Pat's Pizza, The Gutter (Bar Food), Zesty's (Local Fast food)).

Hyatt on Main
Hyatt on Main, Green Bay

Country Inn and Suites:
Hotels in Green Bay, WI | Country Inn & Suites Green Bay | Home

Last edited:
I used the AMI HPWC this weekend (Shout out thanks to them!) which is listed on Plugshare. Plugged it in overnight and picked up Sunday morning. Was going ~45 mph charge. They also had 2 level 2 chargers. All 3 stalls are directly out front of the building and they had 1 Volt plugged into one level 2 chargers.

Bay Park Square has charging at Younkers.

Be carefully with these chargers though. I used them when we stayed at the relatively near by water-park hotel up the road last year and they were frequently occupied, which was a little bit of a surprise to me at the time. The Chargepoint App is indispensable because you can see what chargers are currently in use. Also, I was able to get approval from the mall management to park there over night to get a full charge, but it was an unusual request for them, and had to go up the "chain of command" to get approval on one occasion. Also their policy may have changed, so call ahead if your going to depend on this charger for overnight charging.

The lesson learned for me? unless the charger is at the hotel, I won't be using it. Just too much hassle, especially with wife and kids in tow.

Last edited: