TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hotel Del Coronado charging?

Discussion in 'California' started by commasign, Feb 24, 2015.

1. commasign

commasign Active Member

Anyone ever used the charger(s) at Hotel Del Coronado? The listing on plugshare indicates there's a Model S connector but doesn't say exactly where they are or how to access them, and no one has ever checked in. The front desk folks didn't know anything about them either. I'm staying there next month for a conference so wanting to know if that will take care of my charging needs or if I need to start researching other options. Thanks!

2. ahm

ahm Member

Last June we charged at the Blink chargers at City Hall a few blocks from the hotel.

3. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

Well, the listing also says its a NEMA 14-50, so maybe it's only a NEMA 14-50, and it also says only for beach village guests. So unless you are staying at the beach village, maybe you can't access it?

4. markb1

markb1 Active Member

Looking at Tesla's map, there are HPWCs at the Coronado Island Marriott. Perhaps somebody mixed up hotels when entering these into Plugshare.

5. commasign

commasign Active Member

I spoke to Beach Village valet who said that there's a Tesla charger that an owner installed, and that it's fine for guests of the main hotel to park there. When I asked if it's 240v 14-50 or a Tesla connector, he didn't know. A Tesla Facebook group member was kind enough to visit the hotel but he couldn't find the charger. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

6. commasign

commasign Active Member

No luck finding the supposed HPWC or 240v. But found a 110v outlet in valet area. 4 miles per hour but at least it's free.

7. commasign

commasign Active Member

Update! Explored the parking lots more and found the NEMA 14-50. Marker was in the correct position on plugshare. It's hidden inside a little bird house. Pictures and info added to plugshare.

8. mda

mda Member

The NEMA 14-50 @ Hotel Del Coronado Beach Village was recently replaced with 2 HPWCs and one J1772

9. commasign

commasign Active Member

Good to hear! Same location?

10. mda

mda Member

Yep. Beach Village valet.

11. pairtrader

pairtrader Member

Do we know of any TMC members that live on Coronado Island? I visited last winter and may return.