TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Hotel EV chargers in NJ near Rockaway?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by TrevTremaine, Mar 27, 2016.

1. TrevTremaine

TrevTremaine Member

Mar 27, 2016
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Are there any hotels near to Rockaway that allow for charging a Tesla? I know there's a Supercharger down about 30 minutes, but I am new to the EV world. Wondering if there are any other information resources (websites, etc) that you might know of? Thanks in advance.
  2. Kgdietz

Kgdietz Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Ocean, NJ
    Plugshare is the website and app you want to look at. I just took a quick look and the closest one is a VW dealer but no reviews on that one. I've had pretty good luck though in finding L1 charging (a 110v 15-20A outlet) in many hotel parking lots. Depending on how low your charge will be when you get there and how long you stay, that might be enough.

3. kort677

kort677 Active Member

Sep 17, 2015
    try, a quick look shows a holiday inn with a chademo in netcong and many L2 chargers nearby. If it was me I'd just use that SC.
    • Like x 1
  4. paulkva

paulkva Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Falls Church, VA
    Fair warning: the CHAdeMO at the Holiday Inn Budd Lake (Netcong) has a poor rating, and the latest comments indicate it's completely offline. However, right nearby there's a public HPWC (Tesla connector) at Whistling Swan Inn in Stanhope. That's probably your closest option. Also near Rockaway:
    * the Hanover Marriott apparently offers guests a 120V outlet
    * the Columbia Inn Restaurant in Montville offers a public HPWC

The nearest superchargers are in Paramus and Edison, and they're good options if your trip includes passing by those general areas, but that's pretty inconvenient if you're only doing a lot of driving in & around Rockaway.

Disclaimer: I haven't been to any of the above PlugShare locations, at least not for charging, although I grew up in Rockaway. I have been to the Edison supercharger.

If you've been to the area before and you have one or more hotels you like, I suggest calling them and asking if they have 120V outlets available, and then add them to PlugShare if you successfully charge there. I've had decent success doing this with hotels in Bridgewater / Branchburg and Barnegat (where some of my relatives live). I haven't yet needed a hotel in or near Rockaway since buying my Model S.
    • Like x 1