TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hotel La Jolla NEMA 14-50 gone

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by ipdamages, Oct 11, 2012.

1. ipdamages

ipdamages Roadster Sports 835 & 972

I'm at a conference in Del Mar, California today and tomorrow, so I chose to stay at the Hotel La Jolla because they have had a NEMA 14-50 available for Roadster charging. Much to my dismay, when I arrived last night I found out Thatcher have gotten rid of that outlet.

Happily, dadaleus (Jason) was able to set me up with his HPC, even though he is now out of town.

Thank you my EV brother! I look forward to seeing your Model S next time in town.

- Chris

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Glad you had another option - did the hotel give a reason for removal?

3. ipdamages

ipdamages Roadster Sports 835 & 972

The person working at the desk didn't know they previously had it. I get the impression that few people used it. When I stayed there the last time it was a similar experience in that they seemed to barely know they had it.

4. Rte66

Rte66 New Member

Now has two Blink Network chargers, but only 17 Amps.

I stayed at the Hotel La Jolla this weekend because it was noted as EV friendly.
    Some time in the last 6 months they swapped out their free NEMA 14-50 with two Blink Network stations.

When I arrived, the EV spots were filled with employee ICE cars. The attendant had me park in an adjacent handicapped spot where only one of the charger cables could reach.
    207v, 17 Amp is probably fine for Leafs, but EVs that need 60+ KWHr of charge may want to look elsewhere.