Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hotels in Florida with Charging Stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Larry,

Best Western Naples Inn & Suites
2329 9th Street N
Naples, FL 34103

239-261-1148

Took the above address from their business card. PlugShare shows it on Tamiami Trail (same street different name. Has a ChargePoint charger with two J1772 plugs. It is working and is supplying 205 v at 30amps.

It is on PlugShare.

Roland

Larry,

Best Western Naples Inn & Suites
2329 9th Street N
Naples, FL 34103

239-261-1148

Took the above address from their business card. PlugShare shows it on Tamiami Trail (same street number, different street name. Has a ChargePoint charger with two J1772 plugs. It is working and is supplying 205 v at 30amps.

It is on PlugShare.

Roland
Thanks Roland,

Plugshare reference: Best Western Naples Inn & Suites | Naples, FL | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

Here's a link to the map with the hotel added.

Map of Florida Hotels with Electric Charging Stations

Larry

Larry,

There is a free charger with dual (2) J1772 6.6kW outlets at the Parkland Library. The location is on a big empty area on the map, as it is West of I95 but North of I595, just off the Sawgrass Expressway.

It is a perfect location if someone just needs to top up and stretch, before heading on to I75 towards Naples and the East coast.

The address is:

Parkland Library
6620 N University Dr
Parkland, FL 33067

For those who prefer shopping and food over books, there are four (4) free chargers a little further South. Driving on the Sawgrass Expressway, exit Sunrise Blvd. They are located in the Orange parking garage at the Sawgrass Mall. The garage is located on the South side of the mall.

I believe the chargers are J1772 AeroVironment 30A 7.2kW.

The address is:

Sawgrass Mall (Orange Parking Garage)
1780 Sawgrass Mills Circle,
Sunrise, FL 33323

When driving into the garage, the chargers are on the first floor, SE corner.

Regards,

Reynir

Larry,

There is a free charger with dual (2) J1772 6.6kW outlets at the Parkland Library. The location is on a big empty area on the map, as it is West of I95 but North of I595, just off the Sawgrass Expressway.

It is a perfect location if someone just needs to top up and stretch, before heading on to I75 towards Naples and the East coast.

The address is:

Parkland Library
6620 N University Dr
Parkland, FL 33067

For those who prefer shopping and food over books, there are four (4) free chargers a little further South. Driving on the Sawgrass Expressway, exit Sunrise Blvd. They are located in the Orange parking garage at the Sawgrass Mall. The garage is located on the South side of the mall.

I believe the chargers are J1772 AeroVironment 30A 7.2kW.

The address is:

Sawgrass Mall (Orange Parking Garage)
1780 Sawgrass Mills Circle,
Sunrise, FL 33323

When driving into the garage, the chargers are on the first floor, SE corner.

Regards,

Reynir
Hi Reynir,

Thanks for the information, but this thread is for hotels in Florida with charging station.

Larry

Larry,

Another hotel for your map:

Courtyard by Marriott - Marathon
2146 Overseas Highway
Marathon, FL 33050

(305) 289-2100

They have a Schneider Electric EV Link unit with two J1772 plugs. I didn't have my Tesla. Kim insisted on taking her convertible. So I've no idea as to the amps available. The hotel was finished Feb 2016. The parking spaces were not marked EV parking only.

Thanks,

Roland

Finally stayed at the Courtyard in Marathon and had a chance to check out the chargers.

The two Schneider Electric chargers appear to be 6kWh. I'm charging right now at 30A at 205V or 17 miles per hour, so its slow and steady for overnight charging.

The good news is the four Marathon, FL Superchargers are only a couple of miles away if one needs more speed for frequent trips in the area.

I went down to Key West over Christmas. The Superchargers in Marathon are great except for the lack of facilities. There are bathrooms in the airport as long as it is open.

However, the reason I am posting this is that the Hilton Garden Inn which is right at the main entrance to Key West (and is basically a new property) DOES NOT have chargers BUT the Fairfield Inn immediately next door to it has two HPWC and 1 regular EV charger. They are all on the side of the hotel that faces the Hilton Garden Inn. The parking spots are TIGHT but the chargers work great. The spots can easily be ICE'd as they are not marked for EV only but I had no issue topping off while there.

The good news is that the properties are owned by the same group. I checked with the front desk of the Hilton Garden Inn and they called over to the Fairfield Inn and were told that I was welcome to charge.

The hotel is located away from Duval but getting there is easy with the hotel shuttle or buying tickets on the various tours that go around the island. It's also a short walk to a Starbuck's if you need your caffeine fix. I really enjoyed the stay. It's not Four Seasons but for the price and convenience I have no complaints.

If you like to run in the AM this hotel is great. Leave the hotel and go right on the main road and about 3/4 mile away you have a fantastic ocean view. Wide sidewalk for the whole run. I saw the sunrise each morning I was there during my run. Spectacular!

Hilton Garden Inn
Address: 3850 N Roosevelt Blvd, Key West, FL 33040
Phone: (305) 320-0920

I went down to Key West over Christmas. The Superchargers in Marathon are great except for the lack of facilities. There are bathrooms in the airport as long as it is open.

However, the reason I am posting this is that the Hilton Garden Inn which is right at the main entrance to Key West (and is basically a new property) DOES NOT have chargers BUT the Fairfield Inn immediately next door to it has two HPWC and 1 regular EV charger. They are all on the side of the hotel that faces the Hilton Garden Inn. The parking spots are TIGHT but the chargers work great. The spots can easily be ICE'd as they are not marked for EV only but I had no issue topping off while there.

The good news is that the properties are owned by the same group. I checked with the front desk of the Hilton Garden Inn and they called over to the Fairfield Inn and were told that I was welcome to charge.

The hotel is located away from Duval but getting there is easy with the hotel shuttle or buying tickets on the various tours that go around the island. It's also a short walk to a Starbuck's if you need your caffeine fix. I really enjoyed the stay. It's not Four Seasons but for the price and convenience I have no complaints.

If you like to run in the AM this hotel is great. Leave the hotel and go right on the main road and about 3/4 mile away you have a fantastic ocean view. Wide sidewalk for the whole run. I saw the sunrise each morning I was there during my run. Spectacular!

Hilton Garden Inn
Address: 3850 N Roosevelt Blvd, Key West, FL 33040
Phone: (305) 320-0920
Thanks.

I added the Hilton to the map with an explanatory note.

Larry

I found a new one last week.

Courtyard Marriott / Residence Inn Lake Nona
Address: 6955 Lake Nona Blvd, Orlando, FL 32827
Phone (407) 856-9165

Both are located just South East of the Orlando Airport off 417.

They have two Tesla HPWC and one standard Charger in the parking garage for both hotels, located right across the street. The good news is the hotel has designated those spots for EV's so getting ICE's shouldn't be an issue. I arrived late one night and they were all empty despite the parking garage being crowded.

The chargers are on the first floor towards the left when you enter the garage.

It doesn't hurt that both hotels are almost brand new, and the Residence Inn is one of the nicest I have ever been to.

IMG_1858.JPG

I found a new one last week.

Courtyard Marriott / Residence Inn Lake Nona
Address: 6955 Lake Nona Blvd, Orlando, FL 32827
Phone (407) 856-9165

Both are located just South East of the Orlando Airport off 417.

They have two Tesla HPWC and one standard Charger in the parking garage for both hotels, located right across the street. The good news is the hotel has designated those spots for EV's so getting ICE's shouldn't be an issue. I arrived late one night and they were all empty despite the parking garage being crowded.

The chargers are on the first floor towards the left when you enter the garage.

It doesn't hurt that both hotels are almost brand new, and the Residence Inn is one of the nicest I have ever been to.

View attachment 215246

Hi Reynir,

Thanks.
The charging equipment is actually located at the Lake Nona Town Center Parking Garage right next to the two Marriot hotels.

Here's the Tesla website reference.

Here's the Plugshare reference.

I added the Marriott hotels to the map with an explanatory note.

Larry

Larry,
I just joined the Forum, I have 2014 Testa 85S. Last year I converted a four unit apartment building in Hallandale,Florida to a Airbnb Property with 2 outlets for Electric Cars. 1-NEMA 14-50 outlet and 1-20 Amp 110volt out. I noticed on the Charger station map there are no Hallandale chargers on the map. How can I get my Airbnb listed on the map.

Mark24

Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal
5601 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, Florida 32819
Phone: 407-503-1000
Toll Free Reservations: 1-888-430-4999

2 Tesla HPWC and one EV charger

Currently charging at 40amps/205v. 22mph

Chargers are located in self parking garage lower level (covered). As you enter the covered garage turn left and chargers will be down on your left. Spots are painted green (paint was wet today) and designated for EV use only. I was able to park in the spot next to these spots and the long HPWC cord was able to reach. Spots should be open any day now.

IMG_3013.JPG

Not sure if this has been added yet.
Floridays Resort
1EV charger, 1 Tesla Charger

12562 International Dr S, Orlando, FL 32821
Thanks.

Added it to the map.

Here's the Tesla website reference.

Larry
Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal
5601 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, Florida 32819
Phone: 407-503-1000
Toll Free Reservations: 1-888-430-4999

2 Tesla HPWC and one EV charger

Currently charging at 40amps/205v. 22mph

Chargers are located in self parking garage lower level (covered). As you enter the covered garage turn left and chargers will be down on your left. Spots are painted green (paint was wet today) and designated for EV use only. I was able to park in the spot next to these spots and the long HPWC cord was able to reach. Spots should be open any day now.

View attachment 219213
Thanks.

This will be a Tesla Destination Charging location and will be posted on the Tesla Find Us web page and posted to the navigation systems of the Tesla fleet. Tesla is awaiting information from the host location before officially posting the information.

Tesla informs me that there will be a second location on the second level with two more HPWCs and a J1772 charger.

Larry

Last edited:
Larry,
I just joined the Forum, I have 2014 Testa 85S. Last year I converted a four unit apartment building in Hallandale,Florida to a Airbnb Property with 2 outlets for Electric Cars. 1-NEMA 14-50 outlet and 1-20 Amp 110volt out. I noticed on the Charger station map there are no Hallandale chargers on the map. How can I get my Airbnb listed on the map.

Mark24
Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forums.

I'll need an address to post it to our map and contact information regarding reserving the property.

By the way, if you are interested in joining a Florida Tesla club, please click on the link to Florida Tesla Enthusiasts in my signature.

Larry