Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hotels in Florida with Charging Stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Larry, did you find out any contact info for a decision maker? I didn't.
Hi Olof,

Yes, I have discussed the topic with the Director of Sales. She informs me that the General Manager is interested and she provided me with the contact information for the Director of Engineering who would be the contact point with the Tesla Project Manager in discussing the details of potential charging locations, etc. Yesterday I emailed the Director of Engineering, describing in general the purpose of Tesla's Destination Charging Program, and asked him to confirm their interest in being contacted by Tesla to discuss the program. I have not yet heard back. After they confirm their interest and his availability, I will contact the Tesla Project Manager and request that he in turn contact the Director of Engineering.

Larry

The West Wing Boutique hotel in Tampa, Fl has Tesla Charge Stations.
2501 East Fowler Ave 33612

I don't think they charge anything either.

Hi,

Thanks for your information and welcome to the forums.

I couldn't find a reference to this hotel on the Tesla website or plugshare, so I have an inquiry into the hotel to furnish additional information.

Larry

I received a response from the hotel. They have two 40 amp Tesla connectors. Self-parking. They are in the process of submitting the final documentation to Tesla. After they do Tesla will add their location to their website and the navigation systems of the Tesla fleet.

Their charging policy will be free for hotel guests and they are looking to do a $5 charge for other visitors, while ensuring that they have at least one available for guests.

Map of Florida Hotels with Electric Charging Stations

Larry

Last edited:
I received a response from the hotel. They have two Tesla connectors. They are in the process of submitting the final documentation to Tesla. After they do Tesla will add their location to their website and the navigation systems of the Tesla fleet.

Their charging policy will be free for hotel guests and they are looking to do a $5 charge for other visitors, while ensuring that they have at least one available for guests.

Larry

Thanks you guy's, glad I can +1

Thanks you guy's, glad I can +1
I've started a dialog with the hotel contact who happens to own a Tesla. Their hotel is affiliated with the Clarion Hotel next door that has conference and banquet facilities. Their Sales Manager handles both hotels. They asked if we would be interested in possibly doing some club meet-ups there and I told him that I was open to suggestions from their sales people. So far, I haven't heard back.

By the way, are you interested in joining our club? To learn more and to join, please click on the link to Florida Tesla Enthusiasts in my signature.

Larry

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for your information and welcome to the forums.

I couldn't find a reference to this hotel on the Tesla website or plugshare, so I have an inquiry into the hotel to furnish additional information.

Larry

Larry,
Florida Hotel Destination Chargers:

Recently discovered your thread.
We are using it to plan our 2017 Florida Vacation Road trip.

Some questions:
1. Who is ultimately responsible for the destination chargers. The hotel owners or Tesla?

2. Is there a form or online form that the hotel owners fill out if they have a problem with their tesla destination charger?
Is there a dedicated phone number or person that they call to get it fixed?

3. Can Tesla owners report a faulty destination charger directly to Tesla to get it fixed?
If so, how?

4. As part of the destination charger program do they give the hotel owners some guidance about placement of the destination charges to decrease the chances of ICE-ing.

Have a safe 4th.

I'll take a shot at it.

The property is ultimately responsible for the chargers. Tesla is not involved in the install, maintenance, or repair. They don't Monitor the chargers either. If you're concerned if a charger is operational I'd strongly suggest contacting the hotels before making plans to ensure all is good. Even then, there's no guarantees. You'll find the majority of the people at the hotel don't even know they have EV chargers available.

Tesla provides the chargers at no cost with the only stipulation that they're placed in a visible location. They do provide signage as well. Hotels don't really enforce it but if you call ahead and get the right person on the phone you might be able to get them to hold the spot with a cone or maybe a managers personal car that they'll move upon your arrival. I stay at a Hampton Inn in Crystal River that is 249 miles from my house. I can make it to hotel with about 5miles of Range left (either in my MS85 or MXP100D) I typically call ahead and they hold the Tesla Spot for me with a cone. YMMV.

Larry will certainly know more details but I think I've given you the gist of it.

Larry,
Florida Hotel Destination Chargers:

Recently discovered your thread.
We are using it to plan our 2017 Florida Vacation Road trip.

Some questions:
1. Who is ultimately responsible for the destination chargers. The hotel owners or Tesla?

2. Is there a form or online form that the hotel owners fill out if they have a problem with their tesla destination charger?

3. Can Tesla owners report a faulty destination charger directly to Tesla to get it fixed?
If so, how?

4. As part of the destination charger program do they give the hotel owners some guidance about placement of the destination charges to decrease the chances of ICE-ing.

Have a safe 4th.
Hi RacerX.

Racerx22b provided excellent information and advice.

Yes, as Racerx2bb states, the host location is responsible and they own the Tesla connectors.

Here's a link to the online form to request joining the Destination Charging Program: Become a Charging Partner
No, it is the responsibility of the host to maintain the equipment. However, according to Tesla regarding the Tesla Connector, "There is no maintenance required. Just periodically wipe down with a damp cloth to keep the Connector clean and presentable."

No, see previous answer.

If so, how?

No, see answer #2.

Yes, Tesla has more detailed documentation called Destination Charging - Site Evaluation and Installation Aid, that will be provided after the host location expresses a serious interest in pursuing destination charging. In addition, Tesla project managers are available to discuss details with a host locations' technical representatives, such as Director of Engineering or Electrical Contractor/ electrician.

If a host location has a problem, a Tesla project manager would be available to offer advice. During the installation process the host location would obtain the project manager's contact information. However, ultimately it is up to the host location to maintain the operation of the charging stations.

Happy Fourth of July!

Larry

Last edited:
I've started a dialog with the hotel contact who happens to own a Tesla. Their hotel is affiliated with the Clarion Hotel next door that has conference and banquet facilities. Their Sales Manager handles both hotels. The asked it we would be interested in possibly doing some club meet-ups there and I told him that I was open to suggestions from their sales people. So far, I haven't heard back.

By the way, are you interested in joining our club? To learn more and to join, please click on the link to Florida Tesla Enthusiasts in my signature.

Larry

Larry I have worked at these hotels for over a year. It sounds like you spoke with sales rep J.

Yes, the Tesla owner is also is quite the young accomplished man. I thank you for reaching out so personally to our hotels.

I personally primarily deal with the food and beverage as well as banquets and catering but I also help my 3 bosses with any side projects and am currently working on the new West hotel. The Tesla Chargers are a new addition and I'm glad that I reached out to you via the forms.

Should you get back to sales representative J. I'd actually be very happy for a Tesla visit. I'd love to meet you guys and I think our Tesla owner would be quite excited as well.

Larry I have worked at these hotels for over a year. It sounds like you spoke with sales rep J.

Yes, the Tesla owner is also is quite the young accomplished man. I thank you for reaching out so personally to our hotels.

I personally primarily deal with the food and beverage as well as banquets and catering but I also help my 3 bosses with any side projects and am currently working on the new West hotel. The Tesla Chargers are a new addition and I'm glad that I reached out to you via the forms.

Should you get back to sales representative J. I'd actually be very happy for a Tesla visit. I'd love to meet you guys and I think our Tesla owner would be quite excited as well.

Quick edits. I'm working on the West wing website, which is why it was down.

Also the Tesla owner is one if the hotel owners and I really appreciate you guys adding us to your map.

Quick edits. I'm working on the West wing website, which is why it was down.

Also the Tesla owner is one if the hotel owners and I really appreciate you guys adding us to your map.

Thanks for the information.

Ben is the first name of the contact I have been dealing with who has a Tesla. So from that I can infer that he is one of the owners. By the way, I invited him to join our club, but so far he doesn't appear to have an interest. As I mentioned up-thread, we are receptive to considering a club event at the Clarion, but the ball is in your sales manager's court to propose something.

Once the hotel management completes and submits the detailed forms to Tesla, they will add the hotel to their Find Us website, but more importantly they will add the hotel location to the the navigation systems of the entire Tesla fleet.

Larry

I stayed at the Hilton garden inn in Riverview a few months ago and spoke with one of the managers and left them some information about the destination charging program. Looks like they went through with it because it's showing up on Tesla's website, but I have yet to confirm. According to PlugShare there are two Tesla connectors and two J1772s. It is located at:

4328 Garden Vista Dr
Riverview, Florida 33578

Reactions: KJD
I stayed at the Hilton garden inn in Riverview a few months ago and spoke with one of the managers and left them some information about the destination charging program. Looks like they went through with it because it's showing up on Tesla's website, but I have yet to confirm. According to PlugShare there are two Tesla connectors and two J1772s. It is located at:

4328 Garden Vista Dr
Riverview, Florida 33578
Thanks.

Find Us reference

Plugshare reference

Larry

Here's a collection of Tesla Connectors at hotels in the Sarasota-Bradenton area.

Hotel Indigo Sarasota
1223 Boulevard of the Arts
Sarasota, Florida 34236
Find Us reference
1- 6 kW Tesla Connector

Comfort Suites Sarasota
5690 Honore Ave
Sarasota, Florida 34233
Find Us reference
2-8 kW Tesla Connectors

Holiday Inn Sarasota-Lakewood Ranch
6231 Lake Osprey Dr
Sarasota, Florida 34240
Find Us reference
2-8 kW Tesla Connectors

Fairfield Inn and Suites Sarasota Lakewood Ranch
6105 Exchange Wy
Bradenton, Florida 34202
Find Us reference
2-8 kW Tesla Connectors

Larry

The below 3 hotels share a parking garage that has a J1772 EV dedicated charging spot within the parking garage. When you enter the garage from the south entrance make an immediate right turn and it's straight ahead. It charges at 72amps!

Hampton Inn & Tampa Airport Avion Park
5329 Avion Park Dr, Tampa, FL 33607

Homewood Suites Tampa Airport Westshore
5325 Avion Park Dr, Tampa, FL 33607

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport
5312 Avion Park Dr, Tampa, FL 33607

The below 3 hotels share a parking garage that has a J1772 EV dedicated charging spot within the parking garage. When you enter the garage from the south entrance make an immediate right turn and it's straight ahead. It charges at 72amps!

Hampton Inn & Tampa Airport Avion Park
5329 Avion Park Dr, Tampa, FL 33607

Homewood Suites Tampa Airport Westshore
5325 Avion Park Dr, Tampa, FL 33607

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport
5312 Avion Park Dr, Tampa, FL 33607
Thanks Jason,

Plugshare reference

Larry

My pleasure.

For anyone interested in staying here the Hampton Inn is the newest property and my personal preference. I've stayed at all 3. The Homewood Suites is great if you're staying long term or with a family as it's all suites with a kitchen. But for individual travel the Hampton is the nicest and usually the least expensive. Their gym is by far the best as well.

There is also a World of Beer in the parking lot that you can walk too with a full food menu. I highly recommend the shrimp tacos!

• Informative
Reactions: Larry Chanin
The Riverdale Inn just got added as a destination site. The Bed and Breakfast/ Historic Inn is in the historic Riverside/ Five points area. It is close to restaurants, parks, museums, and downtown Jacksonville. 2 Tesla 72 amp chargers just were installed. Charging rate is 49 mph with a dual charger. Great location. www.riverdaleinn.com for more information.

Attachments

• IMG_0551.JPG
    IMG_0551.JPG
    471.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0552.JPG
    IMG_0552.JPG
    594.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0553.JPG
    IMG_0553.JPG
    749.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0554.jpg
    IMG_0554.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 77
The Riverdale Inn just got added as a destination site. The Bed and Breakfast/ Historic Inn is in the historic Riverside/ Five points area. It is close to restaurants, parks, museums, and downtown Jacksonville. 2 Tesla 72 amp chargers just were installed. Charging rate is 49 mph with a dual charger. Great location. www.riverdaleinn.com for more information.
you should inform them that there is nothing that I could find on their site
regarding parking or charging info.

Hi Harry,

Thanks for the information. I'll add this location to our Google map, but to clarify I haven't been able to find any Tesla reference to this location on their Find Us map or on plugshare. I also tried searching for this Destination Charging location on my car's navigation system, but couldn't find it. This may be a limitation of the nav system which may only display the first 26 nearest locations. Does this location show up on your nav system?

Thanks.

Larry