Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hotels in Florida with Charging Stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will post the full details when I have them... But at least initially I have found the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach has some charging on property. It sounds like it is currently limited to 120V but they are considering improving. Will update after our stay.

Hyde Park Hotel in Tampa

Below is an excerpt from a message I received from club member Jim McCready who owns the Hyde Park Hotel in Tampa.

We have completed the installation of 1ea 30Amp Level 2 charger and 5ea 14-50 outlets for Tesla owners. Charging will be free for hotel guests. Tesla Club members will receive a $10 nightly discount when they stay with us. We are in Hyde Park close to a bunch or restaurants including Bern's Steak House, several drinking establishments, shops etc.

Our website is www.hotelinhydepark.com If you would let the other members know about us, that would be great and maybe we can have a meet up here sometime.

Best, Jim McCready
Hotel
813.254.2000 (Ryan Hawkins manager)

Map of Florida Hotels with Electric Charging Stations

Larry

Charge-points btw Miami and Key West

I'm near Sarasota, and have been thinking of a road trip to Key West. The Ft Myers supercharger is great along the way, but then I'd need to stop overnight somewhere starting down the keys, such as Key Largo or Islamorada (210 miles from Ft. Myers supercharger). I've emailed or called a couple resorts and asked about charge-points, but have not gotten any replies. I've dropped this road trip plan for this month because Larry indicated the charge-point we contributed to for installation in Key West has not yet been installed. But, over the coming months, I think Florida Tesla folks will be quite interested in knowing about hotels/resorts between Miami and Key West with charge-points (minimum 220v/30amp). After our Key West charge-point is in, trips up and down the keys will then be feasible. If anyone hears of any, please post. Thanks. --Alex

I'm near Sarasota, and have been thinking of a road trip to Key West. The Ft Myers supercharger is great along the way, but then I'd need to stop overnight somewhere starting down the keys, such as Key Largo or Islamorada (210 miles from Ft. Myers supercharger). I've emailed or called a couple resorts and asked about charge-points, but have not gotten any replies. I've dropped this road trip plan for this month because Larry indicated the charge-point we contributed to for installation in Key West has not yet been installed. But, over the coming months, I think Florida Tesla folks will be quite interested in knowing about hotels/resorts between Miami and Key West with charge-points (minimum 220v/30amp). After our Key West charge-point is in, trips up and down the keys will then be feasible. If anyone hears of any, please post. Thanks. --Alex

Hi Alex,

We don't know of any overnight charging in the Keys yet, but I was thinking of charging overnight at a Miami hotel then heading off to Key West for top off at the Mote Marine High Power Wall Connector for the round trip. Here's a blow-up of our Google map of the Miami area.

Miami Hotels with Chargers.jpg

The northmost placemark is the Fontainebleau Miami Beach.

The other two placemarks in the south are the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Brickell Downtown and the Four Seasons Hotel Miami.

The location of the "Miami" Supercharger, now shown for 2014 on Tesla's map, will also be a key factor in planning these trips. One could hopefully save the hotel bill for a Miami hotel if the Supercharger was in a strategic location.

Larry

Last edited:
If you want to book a room at the Hilton in Key Largo, I have a townhome right next door in Buttonwood Bay with my 240/50 plug in the driveway you can plug in there to top off and spend the night at a great hotel.

Reactions: NerdUno
This is great. I have punted this trip for myself to some months down the road when the Mote outlet is in, and Mnlevin's so kind offer of a place to charge in Key Largo is really very helpful in trip planning for many of us. Given there will never likely be superchargers on the keys, my feeling is we as a group will have to encourage/figure out solutions. I'd like all of us to put gentle pressure on hotels/resorts along the Keys to offer charge-points, by always asking for them when we have the opportunity, and sell them on the competitive advantage they would have by listing them on their websites.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, right, Larry. Charging at a Miami hotel is an option I have also thought of, and may well often work for folks. But, it's not that far from Ft Myers supercharger, and it seems to me nicer to have multiple options a further down the Keys.

Im travelling to disney orlando in a few months from New York City. Any updated options on disney property? Ill be staying at the Contemporary Resort.

There is some reason to believe that there will be some chargers in parking garages in downtown Disney. There is no timeframe specified. Disney has been very resistant to embrace chargers at their resorts or theme parks.

i recently contacted the RCID regarding chargers and this was the reply:

Good morning Robert … I can confirm we will have three charging stations in each of our two garages.* While your specs request 50 amps, ours will be 40 amps, which I presume may mean a little longer charging time for your vehicle.* Hopefully that will also mean you will spend more time shopping and dining with us during your visit. Given what we have planned, I think it will be worth it. **

These reference the new parking garages at Downtown Disney. No time frame but I know construction has started.

The Grand Floridian has provided one of our club members with access to an 120 volt outlet. This can be of some value if you have three days to charge. You might want to inquire at the Contemporary and see if they will accommodate you.

Larry

Club member Mark Camara found an unusually responsive hotel that now offers free charging. Below is an excerpt of an email that Mark sent me.

Excellent hotel, clean staff unbelievable. GM Russ Kimbal and Chief Engineer set up a 40 amp circuit for us. ( see pictures and note below )

Sheraton Sand Key Resort
‎1160 Gulf Blvd., Clearwater Beach, ‎
‎ Florida 33767, United States‎
Phone: (727) 595-1611 Fax: (727) 596-8488

Mr. Camara,
Good Morning!! This request was turned over to me last week, as I am the Chief Engineer on the property. We have made arrangements to have a 40 amp charging service available for you with the proper voltage and plug configuration for your vehicle, during your stay. Please let me know if you have any questions or any additional requests. If you need to contact me directly my direct line to my office is 727-593-6006.
John Jones
Chief Engineer

Best,

Mark Camara

Sheraton Sand Key Resort.jpg

Map of Florida Hotels with Electric Charging Stations

Larry

Last edited:
According to this page, the Key West Fairfield Inn now has a charger. Makes it easier to get there from Miami.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the information.

I've written to Marriott again to try to induce them to post their hotels with chargers on the various charger locating applications, i.e. recaro, plugshare, chargePoint, etc. That web page on their corporate website is four levels below their home page and it is designed to stricly support their sustainability credentials. Unfortunately, it is of little use to prospective guests looking for hotels with chargers since it is so hidden from public view.

I'll probably add this hotel to our Google map eventually, but I am reluctant since we have no details regarding what type of charger, the cost, etc.

Larry

According to this page, the Key West Fairfield Inn now has a charger. Makes it easier to get there from Miami.
I wish I had looked at this thread four days ago when I drove my Roadster to Key West. I would have, at the least, confirmed the existence of this charging station.

As it was, I stayed in the Keys about 50 miles from Key West in Marathon at the Coconut Cay Resort & Marina which just recently installed a NEMA 14-50 240 volt 50 amp outlet for charging in its parking area (see photos below). I have posted this charging station to PlugShare and Recargo.

I will post more on this Key West trip in the thread I started on it. For now, the hotel location is:

Coconut Cay Resort & Marina
7196 Overseas Highway, Mile Marker 50
Marathon, FL 33050
305-289-7672
Florida Keys Vacation | Marathon FL | Paradise

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
The challenge I am having is more around the area southwest of Orlando. That has become the conference and adult playground and all the resorts seem to be in denial about electric vehicles. I have had no support from Reunion Resort, Champions Gate and others in the area. None of them have any support for electric vehicles yet they cater to expensive conferences and golf outings. THey are all high end Resorts and there are literally no charging stations for miles. This year the closest I can get to my conference at Champions Gate is either the Grand Hyatt or Marriott World each about 9 miles away. Last year I had to cancel my reservation (and they gave me my money back) at that last minute at Reunion because they could not even offer me a 110v to plug in, and they have beautiful villas as well as hotel rooms but strictly forbid plugging in.