Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hotels in Florida with Charging Stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Daniel,

There is no question that Tesla owners will seek out a hotel with overnight charging. And if it's Tesla owners in particular you are seeking, the manufacturer has a program specifically for hotels that provides them with high powered connectors that charge at twice the speed of normal connectors. The only issue is that it will only work for Teslas (which are by far the majority of EVs out there). If you'd like to be put in touch with the appropriate people at Tesla Motors Corp, let me know.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Yes, I met with Daniel and introduced him to the guy in charge of the Destination Charging Program. Tesla has extended a standing offer to the Hyatt of a free HPWC provided it is installed in a prominent location.

We discussed the advantage of installing generic charging along with any proprietary Tesla equipment. It is also Tesla's practice to recommend, if feasible, that hotels install both types of charging equipment.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

However, you are correct in that more Tesla Model S drivers can take roadtrips since our Model S can go 265 miles vs. the Nissan Leaf at 84 miles before needing a recharge. So, yes, we probably constitute the majority of EVs that can actually take a road trip and need to charge at a hotel.

Hi Ethan,

This was an important point that I stressed with Daniel when I met him. The demographics of Model S owners also match up with those who frequent the Hyatt Regency Sarasota.

Larry

Westgate Villas and Westgate Lakes in Kissimmee and Orlando have 2 Chargepro chargers at each location. Not listed on any maps at the owners request. Pricey at 49 cents/KWH, but convenient.
Chargepro.jpg

Hi Alec,

Welcome to the forums.

Are these timeshares or condos that are available to the public?

Did you mean the Westgate Vacation Villas at 7700 Westgate Blvd. Kissimmee, Florida 34747 and Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa
10000 Turkey Lake Rd. Orlando, Florida 32819?

Thanks.

Larry

Last edited:
Marriott Residence Inn Lake Mary / Heathrow just off I-4 and County 46A or end of FL 417 Greenway/Seminole Expressway has 2 30A Chargepoints (no cost) on west side of building next to the entrance road. Also next door Marriott Hotel can use them. Great location for northern Orlando, Sanford, Wekiva Springs, Zellwood, and Mount Dora. Charged there last weekend, just need Chargepoint card. Also other Chargepoints in Heathrow area. Close by restaurants and Publix.

Marriott Residence Inn Lake Mary / Heathrow just off I-4 and County 46A or end of FL 417 Greenway/Seminole Expressway has 2 30A Chargepoints (no cost) on west side of building next to the entrance road. Also next door Marriott Hotel can use them. Great location for northern Orlando, Sanford, Wekiva Springs, Zellwood, and Mount Dora. Charged there last weekend, just need Chargepoint card. Also other Chargepoints in Heathrow area. Close by restaurants and Publix.

Thanks.

Here's the Recargo reference:

Residence Inn Orlando Lake Mary
825 Heathrow Park Ln
Lake Mary, FL 32746 813-421-5121
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcory-residence-inn-orlando-lake-mary/

I've added this hotel to our Google map:
Map of Florida Hotels with Electric Charging Stations

Larry

Westgate Villas and Westgate Lakes in Kissimmee and Orlando have 2 Chargepro chargers at each location. Not listed on any maps at the owners request. Pricey at 49 cents/KWH, but convenient.View attachment 48234

Hi Alec,

Welcome to the forums.

Are these timeshares or condos that are available to the public?

Did you mean the Westgate Vacation Villas at 7700 Westgate Blvd. Kissimmee, Florida 34747 and Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa
10000 Turkey Lake Rd. Orlando, Florida 32819?

Thanks.

Larry

Alec provided the following additional information:

Hi Larry,

These 2 Westgate resorts are timeshares where the public can also rent rooms or villas. Our kids had a timeshare and we rented a 1 br. Unit. Nice place. The 2 chargers were installed only a day or two before we arrived. The 2 chargers at the Villas on Westgate Blvd. are located past the security gate, behind their restaurant cluster.

I know the Lakes property has 2 chargers but I don't know if there is a security gate.

The folks at SemaConnect said the owners did not want the location showing up on any of their maps. They also said the owners set the price at 49 cents/kWh, which to me appeared high. But it was very convenient with good security for leaving it overnight to charge.

You have the correct addresses for both properties.

I would recommend that owners get both a Chargepoint and a SemaConnect card before they make a trip so that they can quickly connect and charge almost anywhere. Once you are at the charger it takes some time and effort (if it's not free) to get it all set up.

Alec

Westgate Vacation Villas

Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa

I've added these hotels to our Google map:

Larry

Larry, I was at this hotel a few months back, before getting my Tesla. Didn't notice the charging point, but probably wasn't really looking for them hard enough. We didn't get a very good impression of the hotel, though.

Hi Julio,

Thanks for your impression. Do you happen to remember any specific issues?

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Orlando World Center Marriott
8701 World Center Drive
Orlando, FL 32821
‎(407) 239-4200
marriott.com

A club member reported:
You can add the Marriott World Center. They have a 2 x 30Amp chargers that guests of the hotel are welcomed to use. It is located in the employee parking lot at the back of the hotel. You speak into the 2 way intercom, explain that you are staying there and want to use the charger. They will raise the gate and let you in. It charged 20 miles per hour for me.

8670.jpg

Another club member reported:
At the Orlando world marriott now and for the next 2 days and when I pulled up was told that Tesla and other electric cars get FREE Valet Parking and Charging . Nice

Plugshare reference: http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/19272

I've added these hotels to our Google map:

Larry

Last edited:
Two comments, one for Florida, the other for Florance, SC.

I used long term covered parking at the Sheraton Hotel at the Miami Airport. They let you park your car in the valet section and in the vicinity of slots 65 and 66 there is a 4 plug 110 volt box. You can get access from either the 66/65 slots or from the side of the pillar. Also, I noticed various other single 110 volt plugs through out the garage. I spent the night there first before flying out the next day and first plugged into a single slot and then moved it to the 4 plug site the next morning. I arrived with 110 miles left was going to stop at the Tesla service center in north Miami two weeks letter to get a charge to make it up to the next Supercharge on my way back to Virginia. Didn't have to do that, when I got back two weeks later the car was fully charged and I skipped the service center.

On another trip back up to Virginia, I stopped for the night in Florance, SC, at the Hilton Garden. There are two free Charge Point chargers in the front parking lot of hotel.

Would agree with your assessment The Fairfield Inn & Suites Key West is in need of major renovations. They only have 120v standard plug to charge your car.

The HPWC at Eco Discovery is the best charging option in Key West. Keep in mind that it is only open M-Fri 8am-5pm and
Sat from 9am-4pm.

Last trip to Key West was by bicycle so I didn't need the HPWC.

Would agree with your assessment The Fairfield Inn & Suites Key West is in need of major renovations. They only have 120v standard plug to charge your car.

The HPWC at Eco Discovery is the best charging option in Key West. Keep in mind that it is only open M-Fri 8am-5pm and
Sat from 9am-4pm.

Last trip to Key West was by bicycle so I didn't need the HPWC.

Roland,

Thanks for pointing out the 120 volt charging at The Fairfield Inn. I'm going to remove the references to it.

Larry

The Element Hotel by the Miami Airport has a ChargePoint station...

BUT, it is currently down and hotel management/CP has no idea on when it'll get fixed. Wonder if it is a simple as a reset button/switch... (Do the CP chargers have that?)

Thanks for the information and welcome to the Sunshine State.

Element Miami International Airport

3525 NW 25th Street · Miami, FL 33142 · Phone: 305-636-1600 · Hotel Reservations: 877-782-0151

Plugshare reference: http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/8571

I've added this hotel to our Google map:

In this case I made a point of stating on the map reference that the hotel has a history of unreliable chargers and to call in advance.

Larry

The Element Hotel by the Miami Airport has a ChargePoint station...

BUT, it is currently down and hotel management/CP has no idea on when it'll get fixed. Wonder if it is a simple as a reset button/switch... (Do the CP chargers have that?)

Chargepoints are accessed via the Internet (they have a 3G modem built-in). You login to the chargepoint website with your business ID/Password, and the device can be reset from the webpage.

We attended the Solar Switch On Party Saturday. Had a great time. Afterwards stayed at the:

Wyndham
2096 NorthEast Second St
Deerfield Beach‎ FL‎ 33441

(954) 428-2850

Charged in the parking garage at:
USA Deerfield Garage
123 NE 20th Ave
Deerfield Beach‎ FL‎ 33441

The garage is .2 of a mile from the hotel. Charging was expensive 49 cents per kWh. The garage has only one J1772 plug that puts out about 19 miles per hour. On the weekend the garage charges $10 per 24 hours to park.

It is not actually a hotel with a charger but it will work in a pinch. The Wyndam is a good hotel and is on the beach.

The owner of the parking garage parks in the EV SPOT. The attendant will get the car moved if his car is in the spot.

Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
4012 Central Florida Parkway, Orlando, Florida 32837
(407) 206-2400

They have installed two Clipper Creek CS-100s. These are high capacity J1772 chargers.
The chargers are located in the valet parking lot, so guests will need to valet park to access the charging stations.
Any visitor paying the valet fee, whether a daily ($18) or overnight ($26) can charge their vehicle.
If a visitor eats in a restaurant, and gets their ticket validated, there would be no charge.
There is no requirement to be an overnight guest to charge.

Here's a photo that the hotel manager sent to me this morning.

EV1.JPG

Update: As a reslult of my notification to our membership, the manager informs me that there are three Model Ss parked there this afternoon. :biggrin:

Larry

Last edited:
Westgate Vacation Villas, an update on a previous listed charger.
We are staying at the

Westgate Vacation Villas7700 Westgate Blvd.
Kissimmee, Florida 34747

There are two Sema Connect(Chargeport) J1772 chargers located behind the restaurant building. This is the second right after passing through the security gate. A Sema Connect card is required. Cost is $.50/ kwh.
The car charged at 22 mph, 241v, 31a

Hilton Hotel Bonnet Creek, Orlando, near Disney. Stayed there last Fri and Sat nights. 2 J1772 30 amp charge points, on second floor of self-park garage, next to walkway to hotel. Successful charge. No fee for charge, just regular parking fee. One of the 2 slots was ICEd when I arrived. I mentioned it to the valet guy. He seemed not interested in checking it out or doing anything, but then did mention that sometimes valet will intentionally park ICE there to make sure the slots are available when an EV arrives. Seems doubtful, since the EV spots are in the self-park garage. I did thank the front desk management staff, mentioning that I would not have been able to stay there had they not had the EV charge point. Front desk staffer indicated they plan to gradually install more charge points as demand warrants, all along that row of the garage.