Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hotels in Florida with Charging Stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hampton Inn & Suites Ocala-Belleview
2075 SW Highway 484
Ocala, FL 34473
352 347 1600

There are two level one outlets in the rear parking area. The hotel is very helpful. I have had consistent 14/119 with 4.6 mph. Not great but much better than nothing. They said they are scheduled for two Tesla HPWC and two J1772 early in 2016.
FWIW; I believe that there is a SpC close by

Hampton Inn & Suites Ocala-Belleview
2075 SW Highway 484
Ocala, FL 34473
352 347 1600

There are two level one outlets in the rear parking area. The hotel is very helpful. I have had consistent 14/119 with 4.6 mph. Not great but much better than nothing. They said they are scheduled for two Tesla HPWC and two J1772 early in 2016.

Hi JC,

Thanks very much for the information.

However, this thread is intended for level two overnight charging, so I won't be adding this hotel to the map until their level two charging equipment is operational.

Larry

The Costa d'Este in Vero Beach seems to be absent from the Florida map.
Here is the Tesla Destination Charger link:
Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa | Tesla Motors

I charged there recently and had 240/80 indicated. The Chargers are located just to the left front of the hotel as you face the entrance, in the valet area. Contrary to the Tesla information you can park yourself there even though it is in the valet area. If you are at the hotel for any reason charging is free.

The Costa d'Este in Vero Beach seems to be absent from the Florida map.
Here is the Tesla Destination Charger link:
Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa | Tesla Motors

I charged there recently and had 240/80 indicated. The Chargers are located just to the left front of the hotel as you face the entrance, in the valet area. Contrary to the Tesla information you can park yourself there even though it is in the valet area. If you are at the hotel for any reason charging is free.

Hi JC,

Thanks for the additional information regarding the charging policy. This location however is already listed on the Google map.

Larry

could you add these to the map

Sheraton Jacksonville Hotel

• 10605 Deerwood Park Blvd
    Jacksonville, FL 32256
    3 Tesla Connectors, up to 40A.
    Available for patrons only. Please see front desk.

Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville Beach

• 1101 Beach Blvd
    Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
    2 Tesla Connectors, up to 80A.

St Francis Inn, a Select Registry Property

• 279 St George St
    St Augustine, FL 32084
    1 Tesla Connector, up to 80A.

Hotel Duval

• 415 N Monroe St
    Tallahassee, FL 32301
    Available for patrons only. Please see valet.

could you add these to the map

• 10605 Deerwood Park Blvd
    Jacksonville, FL 32256
    3 Tesla Connectors, up to 40A.

• 1101 Beach Blvd
    Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
    2 Tesla Connectors, up to 80A.

• 279 St George St
    St Augustine, FL 32084

Hotel Duval

• 415 N Monroe St
    Tallahassee, FL 32301
    Available for patrons only. Please see valet.
Thanks.

plugshare reference: http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/77535

plugshare reference: http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/77476

plugshare reference: http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/64347

Hotel Duval
plugshare reference: http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/71994

Map of Florida Hotels with Electric Charging Stations

Larry

A new member of our club informed me that the Ritz-Carlton Sarasota has charging equipment. I confirmed with Tesla that there will be at least two HPWCs. More details to follow.

Larry

I am informed that there are three HPWCs behind 50 amp breakers now operational at the Ritz-Carlton Sarasota. Two are in the garage and one is near the front entrance.

All parking at the Ritz is handled by valet operations. There is no self-parking. The charging likewise is handled through valet operations on a first come, first serve basis. Charging is available to overnight guests and patrons of the restaurants only. There is a normal fee for valet parking, but if you get your ticket validated at the restaurant the fees are waived. There are no additional fees for charging.

Larry

Last edited:
Larry, the google map linked shows Hampton Inn Gainesville as having charge point. I was there this am, looked all around, plus asked at front desk. They do not have a charge point. Told them about the tesla destination program. Hampton inn downtown is adjacent to a public city pay parking garage, which has couple J1772 s. -Alex

- - - Updated - - -

The error entry is at SW 40th Blvd.

Larry, the google map linked shows Hampton Inn Gainesville as having charge point. I was there this am, looked all around, plus asked at front desk. They do not have a charge point. Told them about the tesla destination program. Hampton inn downtown is adjacent to a public city pay parking garage, which has couple J1772 s. -Alex

- - - Updated - - -

The error entry is at SW 40th Blvd.

Hi Alex,

I'm sorry for the error.

Yes, the map was referencing the wrong Hampton Inn in Gainesville.

The map and posting #84 have been corrected to reference the Hampton Inn adjacent to the parking garage.

PlugShare designation:
http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/18342

Larry

Larry, I just charged my Tesla last night at the Ocean Five Hotel in Miami Beach/South Beach, Florida.
The address is 436 Ocean Drive, phone: 305 532-7093.
Ocean Five Hotel has 2 HPWC @ 80A each in their garage under the hotel. Charging is free but you get hit with a $25 valet parking fee in addition to your room. The valets are familiar with Teslas. I couldn't find this location on the Google map for "Hotels in Florida with Charging Stations". I suggest you add it.
Thank you.
Mike Emrich

I'm looking to plan a trip to either Orlando or Sanibel area shortly for my first long road trip (Yes, range anxiety has only 2 hairs sticking up on my neck vs my whole head). I'm more concerned on finding a hotel/resort that has charging capabilities. I've been looking at the map that has been done which I think is great but I'm still confused on which locations have what type of chargers and how many. I now have to pick a hotel/resort based on chargers and if they only have 1, to me that is problematic as I don't want to worry on charging. It would be great if somehow an online spreadsheet with hotel name and how many chargers they have could be done. Maybe google sheets or something.. Just a thought to make using the map much easier. Now back to my trip planning..

Any suggestions for Sanibel area or Orlando area? Of course I'm planning this during spring break in two weeks. lol

Thanks

Have you tried Plugshare (.com or app)? You can filter down to just HPWC if you want to eliminate the J1772 stuff. Just make sure you select to have it show "restricted" sites because at hotels where charging is for guests-only, PlugShare has them listed as "restricted" and the default setting is to not display restricted so you normally wouldn't even see them. Once you select a site on the map, it shows how many chargers, etc. as well as comments from users.

Have you tried Plugshare (.com or app)? You can filter down to just HPWC if you want to eliminate the J1772 stuff. Just make sure you select to have it show "restricted" sites because at hotels where charging is for guests-only, PlugShare has them listed as "restricted" and the default setting is to not display restricted so you normally wouldn't even see them. Once you select a site on the map, it shows how many chargers, etc. as well as comments from users.
That's also a good idea.

Larry, I just charged my Tesla last night at the Ocean Five Hotel in Miami Beach/South Beach, Florida.
The address is 436 Ocean Drive, phone: 305 532-7093.
Ocean Five Hotel has 2 HPWC @ 80A each in their garage under the hotel. Charging is free but you get hit with a $25 valet parking fee in addition to your room. The valets are familiar with Teslas. I couldn't find this location on the Google map for "Hotels in Florida with Charging Stations". I suggest you add it.
Thank you.
Mike Emrich

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the update.

According to the Tesla Find Us web page, and Plugshare this location has 4-HPWCs and 2-J1772 chargers.

Ocean Five Hotel Miami Beach

Here's a link to the updated Google map.

Larry

I'm looking to plan a trip to either Orlando or Sanibel area shortly for my first long road trip (Yes, range anxiety has only 2 hairs sticking up on my neck vs my whole head). I'm more concerned on finding a hotel/resort that has charging capabilities. I've been looking at the map that has been done which I think is great but I'm still confused on which locations have what type of chargers and how many. I now have to pick a hotel/resort based on chargers and if they only have 1, to me that is problematic as I don't want to worry on charging. It would be great if somehow an online spreadsheet with hotel name and how many chargers they have could be done. Maybe google sheets or something.. Just a thought to make using the map much easier.

Hi Howard,

Personally I feel that a zoomable map is superior to a spreadsheet for trip planning. I have updated the map such that all entries show the type and number of charging equipment.

Larry