TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hotels offering charging in Oregon

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Lloyd, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

I recently was successful in getting the Windemere hotel on the beach just south of Bandon, OR to install a 60 amp clipper creek EVSE. The owner was nervous about spending the money for this.

If you are traveling through this area of Oregon, I highly suggest staying here!

2. 132

132 Member

What type of adapter is needed?

3. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

It is a Clipper Creek J1772 supplying 48 amps continuous if you have dual chargers, otherwise it will be 40 amps. You will need your J1772 adapter.

There are photos on Plugshare.

4. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

Surfsand Resort in Cannon Beach has 2 60A J1772s that were installed in July. We stayed there in early August -- was fantastic...

5. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

Now added to my list of places. I'll stay there next time!

6. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

If you stay at either place, please let the staff know that you chose them because of the charger. Let's close the feedback loop! @Lloyd, thanks for doing that. With a little more pushing we can reach the tipping point.

7. psingram

psingram Member

Cousin's Country Inn in The Dalle's, OR on the Columbia River is the location of the latest SC. Nice place to stay and very good folks. They loved it when we told them we were there because of the Charging. The morning we left there was only one empty stall, no ice, just MS's!!