Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hotels with chargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm wondering if there would be any interest in forums to talk about / review hotels with charging facilities?

As far as I can see, none of the hotel search sites have a way to search for hotels specifically with chargers, so I normally look on the Tesla destination charger page, as well as plugshare, and then go to expedia after that.

I've seen people ask for hotel advice on a few other forums, but maybe having it all in one place, with threads on different areas would be useful for discussing things.

The sort of things I'd be interested in seeing, is a list of the type and number of chargers at each hotel. Where they're located, how accessible they are, how far away from the rooms they are, were they busy, and of course if there are any costs involved (must pay for parking, must use valet service, and for non-destination chargers, if the charger itself costs money).

Reactions: KJD
Many people use Plugshare for this exact purpose. It doesn't have a way to filter out hotels, but it allows people to leave comments (including 'check-ins') about the charging experience at each location.

Yes, I think Plugshare is the place for reviews - a thread would be a good place to post news on anything that makes it easier to find hotels with chargers. Seems like trying to review individual hotels would be unwieldy considering we are all scattered about the country and the world.

It would be REALLY nice if Plugshare or another site could add a filter for hotels with chargers. I had to use two windows, one with hotel locations, the other with plugshare locations to figure out where to stay when I take my Mom to Durham for medical treatment.

I'm wondering if there would be any interest in forums to talk about / review hotels with charging facilities?

As far as I can see, none of the hotel search sites have a way to search for hotels specifically with chargers, so I normally look on the Tesla destination charger page, as well as plugshare, and then go to expedia after that.

I have written to TripAdvisor suggesting they add a filter to the hotel search to locate hotels with charging. I received a response saying that they were working on it. If you use TripAdvisor, then I suggest sending them a note also. Couldn't hurt.

Reactions: KJD and OBX John
I have written to TripAdvisor suggesting they add a filter to the hotel search to locate hotels with charging. I received a response saying that they were working on it. If you use TripAdvisor, then I suggest sending them a note also. Couldn't hurt.

I've given similar feedback to Expedia - will do the same with Trip advisor. I've left hotel reviews on both sites mentioning charging.

Reactions: Forty Creek and KJD