TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Hotels with non Tesla EV chargers in Portland

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by gowthamn, May 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. gowthamn

gowthamn Science

I will be staying one night in Portland on May 20th.
    I am looking for hotels with EV charging capabilities. The ones with Tesla destination charging are very expensive. Any other hotels?

2. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Check plugshare.

• Like x 1
  3. melindav

melindav ☰ reserved

Not a hotel, but there is a block of free chargers (with parking fee during metered hours) on SW Salmon between 1st and 2nd. So if staying downtown this could be a backup option.

4. wdolson

wdolson Supporting Member

There are also public chargers at the Moda Center garage and the airport.

Plugshare is a good resource:
    PlugShare

5. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Active Member

I'm going to be staying in Portland from May 31 to June 2, and we're staying in an AirBNB, as we always do, so I'll also be figuring out charging a little bit while we're there. Fortunately, Plugshare does show a LOT of the parking garages in the downtown area have car charging stations in them. Make sure to check on Plugshare what brand of network they are in and get the necessary accounts/cards set up beforehand. It seems to be mostly Blink, with some Semacharge and OpConnect. Some may be able to use Pay with Plugshare through the mobile app without having an account or card, but maybe not.

I would only need to take my car downtown and let it charge one day probably, and we could bus to/from downtown on another day. My other charging opportunity is not near downtown, but there is a Fred Meyer with charging across the street from the Hawthorne theater where we are seeing a concert.

6. wdolson

The public transportation within the Portland core is very good. The light rail is well laid out and is free within the downtown core. It's pretty reasonable outside downtown too. If we have something to go to in downtown we have parked the car near the airport Max station and rode Max into downtown.

It would be easy to put your car on a charger somewhere and take Max where ever you want to go sightseeing. Just a quick look on plugshare there are 3 chargers at the Ikea at Cascade station, which is a Max stop. If you search around you might even be able to find something free.

There are 42 free chargers at the long term parking for the airport (across the airport access road from Cascade Station), but you will have to pay a day's parking, which I think is $10. There is no time limit for parking on these chargers as they are intended for people who are on trips.

7. melindav

melindav ☰ reserved

Fareless square was discontinued in 2012 - so no more free rides. :(

8. wdolson

I guess it's been longer than I thought since I rode the light rail downtown.