Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hotspot doesn't connect, iphone 14 pro max

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tried for a week to connect my hotspot, fails to find ip address or dhcp info, I've googled and tried every tip I could find online, iphone works on laptop and computer no issues...

I've rebooted the tesla, the phone, reset network settings, deleted all wifi connections from the car, etc... still no luck

the car can see the iphone, but fails to connect, with an error can't find i.p address

previous iphone8 connected fine...

any other tips ? is it iphone14 specific, as I've seen others post this issue

tesla running 2022.28.2
iphone 16.0.2

What WPA security mode are you setting for your hotspots? Teslas can only accept WPA or WPA2 security modes. If your Wifi hotspot is set to WPA3 security the Tesla cannot connect to it since WPA3 is the default for Wifi 6 devices which all new phone devices contain. Make sure you set your hotspot to WPA2/WPA3-Personal security mode.

What WPA security mode are you setting for your hotspots? Teslas can only accept WPA or WPA2 security modes. If your Wifi hotspot is set to WPA3 security the Tesla cannot connect to it since WPA3 is the default for Wifi 6 devices which all new phone devices contain. Make sure you set your hotspot to WPA2/WPA3-Personal security mode.
Im not sure whether you can change WPA hot spot settings on iPhone.. Very limited in that capacity. Would be useful to know what setting the iPhone automatically chooses..

Im not sure whether you can change WPA hot spot settings on iPhone.. Very limited in that capacity. Would be useful to know what setting the iPhone automatically chooses..
I don't have an iphone but where you should see this Security setting is where you would enter the details of your hotspot SSID and password. Do you have a screenshot of the iphone's hotspot details screen so I can see what you see. If it is as limited in options where I can't see my Security settings as I have seen on Youtube, it further confirms why I would never get an iPhone because of the limited options it has.

On Android setting up the hotspot details of SSID, Security setting (WPA, WPA2, WPA3) and password are very explicit and easy to navigate and why I prefer Android over iOS.

See if this resource helps

Last edited: