Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hotwheels Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is a seriously cool amount of detail on the inside of the car. Is that rear facing jump seats? :D

Yep. I believe the back seats are even the next gen seats with the dividers - I don't have the next gen seats for reals so I defer to other people's judgment on that one. (It's hard for me to get a picture of them.)

Was able to get some better pictures after all...

2015-06-08 14.48.16.jpg
2015-06-08 14.49.21.jpg

Last edited:
- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and for the record I contacted [email protected] (address listed on their website) about acquiring a "fleet" (with the intent to distribute at TMC Connect)...

and got the following response:

I suspect many of us will bring whatever we can find in stores to TMC Connect. :) Though Hotwheels/Matchbox are the only things that have consistently gotten my backpack searched by TSA, so anyone flying in might keep that in mind. In fairness, the reactions upon digging out the little hunks of suspect metal are usually totally worth it!

Mattel policy has always been not to sell individual models of the basic Hotwheels/Matchbox. But in the days of Roadster Hotwheels, Tesla was able to buy cases of them for the stores to carry- I in turn purchased a total of several cases from my local store and gave them away to kids and EV fans for years. I imagine similar arrangements could be made with the new ones.

Mattel policy has always been not to sell individual models of the basic Hotwheels/Matchbox. But in the days of Roadster Hotwheels, Tesla was able to buy cases of them for the stores to carry- I in turn purchased a total of several cases from my local store and gave them away to kids and EV fans for years. I imagine similar arrangements could be made with the new ones.
I tried Mattel's bulk sales email and was told they don't do that (like your first sentence). Then again, I'm not Tesla affiliated so I can't pull any strings. :(

And, to be clear, I was speaking in the email in batches of 100. Still no go. Stupid business on their part, IMO. Then again, they probably deal in units of million w/r/t production so probably small fish, etc.