Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hotwheels Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw this and immediately tried to get one online. (since mine is blue) - was going to make it into a Christmas ornament.
Anyone who knows how to get one - I'd greatly appreciate it.

Two ways: Hang out at Toys R Us or Target; eBay. (Possibly WalMart or other stores, these are two I've had luck with).
I've got more Red Model S's than I can shake a stick at.
Still looking for the elusive blue one.

/Ed
----
Owner of 4 Red Model S's; one red Roadster and two silver Model S's.

Afaik, the short cards are used in Europe, while the long ones are for the US market (probably to fit all the warnings and disclaimers on the back of the card :tongue: ) But I'm not a Hotwheels collector / expert, so maybe there is a completely different explanation.

Btw, I also saw the red version on long cards, and the silver version on short cards.

I believe it has to do with stocking the merchandise hangers. If they alternate short card long card they nest together nicely, fitting more per hanger.

Well since I was out in Missouri visiting my sister we happened to be in a WalMart and thought, hey I should look and see if I can find some, since noone out here where I am even knows what a Tesla is nevermind trying to go find the Matchbox/HotWheels of them.

Well we found a bunch and this has started a scavenger hunt from store to store looking for these now. Been to all the WalMarts, Dollar General, KMarts, and any other store that might have a toy section with possible cars and we have cleaned them out.

So next time I run into some of you guys out there I have a bunch of spares to share since I know how hard they are to find.

Had a blast today with my son at our local Walmart - they had a huge box out, and we spent like half an hour digging. Not sure who had more fun - my 5 year old or me :biggrin:

20151205_151444.jpg

Attachments

• 20151205_151444.jpg
    20151205_151444.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: loganss
Has anyone spotted the blue model s hot wheels in the stores yet?
I see on ebay it's now no longer only being sold by the user in Malaysia but some users in US locations are popping up.

Out of the 5 2016 Hot Wheels Green Speed cars, I've seen the 1/5 Roadster and the 3/5 Super Volts. I see so many of the Super Volts.