Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

House cladding pod point issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
So sorry if this has been asked before but I really need some advice.
We have a MY and a M3 due soon but pod point are unable to install a charger on the cladding on our garage (see pic below). They say we need to provide a flat surface. Has anybody else had this issue and would you mind telling me what you used to flatten the surface?

445E176A-E561-4D2D-BFE5-16BD635501E6.jpeg

Hi all,
So sorry if this has been asked before but I really need some advice.
We have a MY and a M3 due soon but pod point are unable to install a charger on the cladding on our garage (see pic below). They say we need to provide a flat surface. Has anybody else had this issue and would you mind telling me what you used to flatten the surface?

View attachment 767317
You just have to agree with them to fix in a place they want you to fix it. But most of the time the pod point contracted independent electrician will listen to you and fix on the wall you have shown without any additional work. Just for example I have attached a picture where the contracted independent electrician agreed to fix it even though Podpoint were asking me to level the wall etc.,

Attachments

• C73F2350-973A-44E8-A627-367FFC3AEFD6.jpeg
    C73F2350-973A-44E8-A627-367FFC3AEFD6.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Concern about water ingress? Don’t know if they seal around the edges normally or the units themselves should be weather tight?
Any watertight rating applies to the unit not the installation. However, for a good fit I would go with the idea of a marine ply board to create a nice flat mounting surface. If done properly it wouldn't be visible. Anyone who needs to avoid a wall completely can do similar and attach to a fence post.

Thanks everyone for your replies! It will be interesting to see what the installer says on the day. If he will not install then I’ll go down the marine plywood route and try and keep it tidy

Thanks everyone for your replies! It will be interesting to see what the installer says on the day. If he will not install then I’ll go down the marine plywood route and try and keep it tidy
They normally do not object, in fact mine was willing to even leave it across the entrance as long as we are watchful enough while crossing the cable. Anyhow we didn’t go with that option!

They normally do not object, in fact mine was willing to even leave it across the entrance as long as we are watchful enough while crossing the cable. Anyhow we didn’t go with that option!

Conversely, the guy who installed mine was on his first install after training & didn't want to do anything other than 100% by the book. Not that I blame him! He did a great job, very tidy.