TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Houston Area Tint/PPF/Vinyl/Ceramic Coat Recommendation

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by BallzOne, Sep 2, 2018.

1. BallzOne

BallzOne Member

For anyone in the Houston area looking for a good tint/pdf/ceramic coat location I have a recommendation. I took my newly delivered Performance 3 to Premier Detailing and Sun Cap Auto Tint to get a bunch of work done. These two guys are in the same location and coordinate/work together to get your car done. Mingo at Sun Cap did my tint, chrome delete, and ppf. PPF was full bumper, front fenders, headlights, and full hood. The interior console also had matte ppf applied. Tint was all windows except sunroof and windshield. Mingo tints the rear window in a single piece of film. Then Jonathan at Premier Detailing did a full paint correction polish, CQuartz Professional coating, and Flyby Forte on all the exterior glass.

These guys did an amazing job and I don’t have much else to say except to let the photos speak for themselves. I highly recommend them to anyone looking around in the Houston area. The techs at the Houston-North service center saw the vinyl job when I brought the car in and raved about it to me. They said they’re gonna start recommending them to people who ask about places to go when they take delivery.

Here’s the details of the work done:

SunTek Ultra PPF: Full Bumper, Fenders, Full Hood, Headlights

SunTek Matte PPF: Interior Center Console

Exterior Glass: Flyby Forte

CQuartz Professional: Full Exterior

Matte Black Vinyl Wrap: Window Trim, Fender Cameras, Tesla Decals, Door Handles

Solar Control Ceramic Xtreme Tint: Front Windows @33%, All Others @18%

FE9B458C-4032-4035-A09C-E34252123A71.jpeg D90D5826-4F6E-4EBA-AD57-C3DE377295E2.jpeg 40730A8B-3885-47B0-9AAA-83D15B7ABA2D.jpeg

2. tv4184

tv4184 Member

I had a few questions. For the PPF, did they wrap the edges or just line up to the edge of the covered surfaces? Is there any warranty for the wrapping / tint job that they did?

3. cutt3r42

cutt3r42 New Member

High quality work, man! I'm actually looking for a place to do some of the same work you've had done. If you don't mind sharing, what did they charge for each one of those jobs? thanks!