Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston Coffee and Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dec 4, Houston TX.

Houston Coffee and Cars is a monthly gathering of car enthusiasts. I had just heard of it, so I thought I'd represent Tesla. Apparently, TM had previously attended one of these events, but according to some regulars, they said that they didn't remember any owners showing up to previous gatherings, so I might have been the first Tesla owner to make an appearance.

Although a few people mistook the Tesla for a Lotus, the vast majority immediately recognized the Tesla and were excited to see it in person. Funny thing was, kids were able to identify the car before their parents. I answered a bunch of questions and met a fellow electric car enthusiast. I learned that there is a Houston Electric Auto Association.

It was a nice way to spend a few minutes. I'll see if we can get more Teslas to the next event.

Houston Cars and Coffee 009.jpg
Houston Cars and Coffee 001.jpg
Houston Cars and Coffee 005.jpg
Houston Cars and Coffee 007.jpg
Houston Cars and Coffee 004.jpg
Houston Cars and Coffee 003.jpg
Houston Cars and Coffee 008.jpg
Houston Cars and Coffee 006.jpg
Houston Cars and Coffee 002.jpg

Looks like a good turn out; definitely worth encouraging a few more Teslas to show, maybe displace a those two SUVs at either side of you :)

The turn out was crazy. I had never seen anything like that. There must have been 3,000-4,000 people there (although I admit I am not a good crowd estimator). I was disappointed by the SUV's but I showed up 30 minutes early and could barely get a decent spot. Maybe if I had some of my Tesla brethren, we could have claimed a bigger area.

Whoops!

Ah, the actual venom site show different specs... http://www.venomgt.com/the-venom-gt/specifications/

Performance
0 – 60 mph 2.5 sec.
1/4 Mile 9.9 sec. @ 162 mph
0 – 200 mph 15.9 sec. (Bugatti Veyron = 24.2 sec.)
Top Speed 267 mph

looks like the I was confusing the velociraptor data on http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/vr600-no1.html with the venomgt's...

Vehicle:
• 2010 F-150 Raptor
• 6.2L V8
• Automatic
• 2,692 Miles
• Molten Orange Exterior
• Orange-Accented Interior

Power:
• 605 bhp @ 5,600 rpm
• 567 lb-ft torque @ 4,700 rpm

Performance:
• 0-60 mph: 5.2 seconds
• 1/4 mile: 13.6 @ 103 mph
• Top Speed: 110 mph (tire rating limited)

DOH! :redface::redface: (better get a cup of java in me...:biggrin:)

The show really had me appreciating just how silent the Tesla is. As the cars were crawling through the crowds, you could hear the rumble/gurgle of all the ICEs. When my car was moving, there was no mistaking it for the Lotus... everyone was saying, "Hey a Tesla!"

Then as we all left, each driver gave a brief burst of acceleration so that the crowd could hear the engine. I'm not sure if the crowd could hear the Telsa's whir.

As for the Venom... that wouldn't be much of a "muscle car" with 0-60 in 5.2. But at 2.5 sec, I can't even imagine how fast that is. The Tesla is the fastest car I've ever driven... IRL!

Last edited:
Would you like to participate in the Keels and Wheels Concourse de Elegance

Tesla owners in Houston area.

I'm a member of the Houston Electric Auto Association. We have been invited to be part of the Keels and Wheels car show at Lakewood Yacht Club in April. You can get all information on the event at http://www.keels-wheels.com/

The idea is to have a booth that represents the electric car.

There will be some antique electric cars, some conversions and some OEM's present.

We would love to have a Tesla roadster represented. If you are interested please contact me at [email protected].

Thank you.

Houston Coffee & Cars
Saturday, Jan 8 is next event at Marq-E (I-10 & Silber)

I'm going to show. If anyone else goes, PM me before hand so we can park together... otherwise I'll be forced to park near the Elises. :(