TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Houston Tesla Gallery and chargers flooded?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by BerTX, May 26, 2015.

1. BerTX

BerTX Member

Looking at pictures and descriptions of flooding in the Galleria, I would guess that the Tesla Gallery and chargers will be out of commission indefinitely. The first floor of the parking garage is under water.

I know some owners trying to make their way through from the Columbus or Huntsville SCs to Lake Charles occasionally grab some juice at the gallery chargers, so for the foreseeable future you will need to make other plans.

622x350.jpg

2. Electricfan

Electricfan Member

Holy cow! How did you get that pic? That looks like the parking garage - the Tesla gallery is not down there - much higher up. Don't think it was flooded was it? But Tesla charging/parking area was down there - I bet they get it back up fairly quickly though - what could be damaged but a few outlets?

3. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Active Member

I wondered about San Marcos and Columbus. I stopped for lunch yesterday on my way from Atlanta to Virginia and saw scenes from San Marcos (rescues) on CNN. I remember Columbus equipment being elevated (I assume for potential river flooding).

Be safe everyone in these areas...

4. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

Wow.
    Unreal amount of water and damage.
    Hope all in Houston are safe, well and dry and things get back to normal (soon).

5. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

That water level pictured (handrails of the escalator landing) is below the outlets and conduits and breaker boxes. So if it wasn't higher than shown, consequences could be minimal.

6. polything

polything Member

not flooded at all.

7. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

OK, good. There's a level below the Tesla area; that may be what we see wetted in the picture.