Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was on the phone with Harris County. On hold for 30 minutes. Trying to find out how I would register the MYP. They finally answered the phone. It was like the lady was in a different country. Echoes and static. As much Taxes as we pay. Can’t they get a better phone system. If anyone wants to know the procedures or what form of payment. I posted it in another thread. I will link down below. When you order a Tesla. You have to work your regular job. While working a side job (contacting Tesla , researching the vehicle, finding financing, searching for Vin, scheduling pickup) to get your vehicle. I still think it’s worth it.

teslamotorsclub.com

Model Y LR Delivery, Registration in Houston TX area (and some newbie items)

Registration is so simple. About 3 days after I took delivery, a FedEX package arrived. It was the paperwork I needed from Tesla. I went to my local Hays County tax office and got seen by someone within 30 secs. They knew what to do. They even told me that I needed my safety inspection paperwork and it was in my glovebox. They were correct. They gave me the total sales tax number and I paid via check. They even had a stamp so I did not have to write down who it was payable too. Then they handed me the plates, sticker and paperwork. I was out of there in minutes. In fact it was quicker getting a plate for the Tesla than any other car. Usually you are waiting on the dealer to contact you and it takes weeks...sometimes over a month. So simple!.

Last edited:
Registration is so simple. About 3 days after I took delivery, a FedEX package arrived. It was the paperwork I needed from Tesla. I went to my local Hays County tax office and got seen by someone within 30 secs. They knew what to do. They even told me that I needed my safety inspection paperwork and it was in my glovebox. They were correct. They gave me the total sales tax and I paid via check. They even had a stamp so I did not have to write down who it was payable too. Then they handed me the plates, sticker and paperwork. I was out of there in minutes. In fact it was quicker getting a plate for the Tesla than any other car. Usually you are waiting on the dealer to contact you and it takes weeks...sometimes over a month. So simple!.
Hays county? Not Harris? Did you have to make an appointment?

I just got an email from Tesla. Also a text message. Asking me to sign documents for temporary paper tags. I’m glad the Astros are losing right now. I wouldn’t looked at my phone or iPad. Smh.

Charging at the Westheimer location… trailer just pulled in full of brand new Ys (white and silver). Parking lot is already filled to the gills! Everybody invited to the party, except me.

I got the butter for your muffin Tesla…just need the keys to the room.. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Jones1
Charging at the Westheimer location… trailer just pulled in full of brand new Ys (white and silver). Parking lot is already filled to the gills! Everybody invited to the party, except me.

I got the butter for your muffin Tesla…just need the keys to the room.. ;)
Mine is one of them ;), picking it up this Saturday. SA was telling me they're usually close on Sundays I believe but it'll be open for customers to pick up their cars.

Reactions: ILMMYP and Jones1