Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems to be a common issue! As I posted the same thing earlier(Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries). I wonder if there is any way to "report" I don't think many people look under.... I also wonder if this is why my parent's Y's bottom cover fell off on the long trip and was scraping the ground ( although theirs was one of the first Y's built)
That's funny that I basically cloned your post. I'll definitely be showing this to the service team. I'm wondering if they are removing anything when the vehicle gets delivered or if they are inspecting anything. I took pictures of the car when it was in the lot before prep but I don't get any pictures of the rear. What if there was a tow hitch and they took it out!! Haha jk wishful thinking.

• Funny
Reactions: vicarine
Got the Your Car has Deparated Our Factory text this morning. How long did it usually take for you guys after that?

I asked around for some offers on my current Model Y and got pretty close to break even. I was thinking about selling it now, but don’t want to risk something happening with the new car and I’ll be carless for months. So I’ll take delivery first then sell the GigaTX MY.

Last edited:
Got the schedule delivery text. EDD was 8/25 - 8/29. Hopefully I can get it earlier 😁
6CB3A25C-009E-4575-BE24-C7137B6C5D7C.jpeg

Reactions: Art84
Paying by check next week at the Westheimer location and wondering if anyone can share their experience. Will they really let me drive away with a brand new Tesla with just a picture of the check? Am I suppose to then go to fedex and text the tracking info? Or do they want me to send the check before delivery, sight unseen? Both scenarios seem cray cray but they are insisting I can’t just leave the check with them.

This is my second Tesla but I swear I gave them my check at pick up back in 2020.

Has anyone here financed their Tesla purchase through a credit union? i'm awaiting delivery for MYP in September. Have got my financing squared away. I know I'm a bit early if the date pushes - but wanted to lock in the rate 3.4% for 84 months which is good for 30 days.
Anyways I'm using FSCU.com and they have said that they need the following from Tesla :
FROM TESLA:

MVPA – PURCHASE ORDER
COPY OF MSO – BACK AND FRONT OF TITLE
COPY OF APPLICATION FOR TEXAS TITLE
LETTER OF GUARANTEE – (I WILL PROVIDE ONCE WE HAVE THE VIN) and you can provide to Tesla so they can copy our template onto Tesla’s Letterhead
NAME AND PHONE NUMBER OF TESLA ADVISOR

I'm wondering if I should (when the time is right) send this list to the number from which I get texts from at Tesla? I'm guessing that this is the normal process and that the Tesla team do this type of stuff all day long and that it wouldn't cause any confusion or delays.

Has anyone here financed their Tesla purchase through a credit union? i'm awaiting delivery for MYP in September. Have got my financing squared away. I know I'm a bit early if the date pushes - but wanted to lock in the rate 3.4% for 84 months which is good for 30 days.
Anyways I'm using FSCU.com and they have said that they need the following from Tesla :
FROM TESLA:

MVPA – PURCHASE ORDER
COPY OF MSO – BACK AND FRONT OF TITLE
COPY OF APPLICATION FOR TEXAS TITLE
LETTER OF GUARANTEE – (I WILL PROVIDE ONCE WE HAVE THE VIN) and you can provide to Tesla so they can copy our template onto Tesla’s Letterhead
NAME AND PHONE NUMBER OF TESLA ADVISOR

I'm wondering if I should (when the time is right) send this list to the number from which I get texts from at Tesla? I'm guessing that this is the normal process and that the Tesla team do this type of stuff all day long and that it wouldn't cause any confusion or delays.
I believe Tesla only provides the MVPA from what I’ve seen after you’re assigned VIN.

The other items don’t seem like normal Tesla items - not sure if they’ll provide it like that.

Is that Credit Union you’re using familiar with financing Tesla?

I believe Tesla only provides the MVPA from what I’ve seen after you’re assigned VIN.

The other items don’t seem like normal Tesla items - not sure if they’ll provide it like that.

Didn’t sound Like they do many tesla financing but have done them in the past. They’re offering 3.49% for 84 months. I have found any other CU where I can join easily offering better terms

I did text with the tesla number mentioning the items to them and they didn’t say that they wouldn’t be able to provide them. They just said that they would be Available after the vin is available