Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup. They made me accept delivery in the app before going outside to see the car.

But again, since I went through it 2 months ago I know the cars pretty much yours at that point. There’s no canceling cars or refusing delivery really anymore - at least in Texas.

2 employees waited outside in the sprinkling rain with me to see the car and ask questions - which lucky for them I didn’t have any and off I went after taking a few pictures.

The think I liked the most is that they had my name on paper in the front window like I’ve seen in some delivery videos and that made me feel like a kid on Christmas lol. But it shows they care at this location. Car was very clean inside and out.

Cypress location definitely a lot more open and secluded than Westheimer to take a delivery.

Yup. They made me accept delivery in the app before going outside to see the car.

But again, since I went through it 2 months ago I know the cars pretty much yours at that point. There’s no canceling cars or refusing delivery really anymore - at least in Texas.

2 employees waited outside in the sprinkling rain with me to see the car and ask questions - which lucky for them I didn’t have any and off I went after taking a few pictures.

The think I liked the most is that they had my name on paper in the front window like I’ve seen in some delivery videos and that made me feel like a kid on Christmas lol. But it shows they care at this location. Car was very clean inside and out.

Cypress location definitely a lot more open and secluded than Westheimer to take a delivery.
That's good to hear. I'm going to be using a delivery checklist just to make sure I don't miss anything. teslaprep/model_y_checklist.md at master · mykeln/teslaprep

The great people at Gulf Coast Auto Shield took care of the MYP.

15% front windows
45% front/rear windshield, rear windows

I had gone lighter on my previous MY and always felt like I could go darker.

1F1FDBDF-2864-47AA-9AF1-669E2A12EDDE.jpeg
08DC0D02-512C-429F-B1DC-739939516BA9.jpeg

MYP blue/black with tow
Original order date 5/15
Delivery set for 9/3

Since it's like a 100% chance of rain Saturday, I went by Westheimer on the off chance the car was there and I could pre-inspect the exterior. Found it immediately, it looks great (new style front door trim) and we look forward to picking up our 3rd Tesla on Saturday! We are trading in our basically perfect '21 MYLR that just hit 10k miles, keeping our 21 M3LR.

MYP blue/black with tow
Original order date 5/15
Delivery set for 9/3

Since it's like a 100% chance of rain Saturday, I went by Westheimer on the off chance the car was there and I could pre-inspect the exterior. Found it immediately, it looks great (new style front door trim) and we look forward to picking up our 3rd Tesla on Saturday! We are trading in our basically perfect '21 MYLR that just hit 10k miles, keeping our 21 M3LR.
Hiwhats your 21MYLR offer price for trade

Hiwhats your 21MYLR offer price for trade
$62k ($66K when you add in the sales tax benefit of trading). Because of the delays in getting the car, Tesla actually quoted us a trade 3 times. The first (June) was $63k, then July $65k, and then August $62k. Wish our car would have arrived in July because that was apparently the peak!

Inclusive of sales tax, we paid $61k for the '21 MYLR about 14 mos ago, so we stand to make ~$5k on it. Granted the new car prices have also gone up, but the fact that you can trade a one year old "luxury" car and not lose your shirt on resale is something we aren't likely to see again!

$62k ($66K when you add in the sales tax benefit of trading). Because of the delays in getting the car, Tesla actually quoted us a trade 3 times. The first (June) was $63k, then July $65k, and then August $62k. Wish our car would have arrived in July because that was apparently the peak!

Inclusive of sales tax, we paid $61k for the '21 MYLR about 14 mos ago, so we stand to make ~$5k on it. Granted the new car prices have also gone up, but the fact that you can trade a one year old "luxury" car and not lose your shirt on resale is something we aren't likely to see again!
Great ! used car prices dropping significantly other private dealers will see more drop in coming months

Just got a call from the dealership stating that car wouldn’t be ready for delivery because the DMV is backed up for the temp tags for the car. He gave me an option to sign a waiver to take delivery without the temp tags or be pushed back until temp tags come in. I just need to get the car home from Cypress, any thoughts?

Just got a call from the dealership stating that car wouldn’t be ready for delivery because the DMV is backed up for the temp tags for the car. He gave me an option to sign a waiver to take delivery without the temp tags or be pushed back until temp tags come in. I just need to get the car home from Cypress, any thoughts?
Haven’t you heard? Crime is at an all time high in Houston. Cops got bigger issues to deal with than you without your tags. Pick her up!

Reactions: djuzi05
Picked up today from Cypress!

VIN 534
- No Mud Flaps
- No PPF
- No Cargo Cover
- No Mobile Connector
- New Door Panels
- Charging Adapter
- Michelin Tires

I’m hand cleaning the car with some quick detailer before I start to do the inspection. Couldn’t really do much since it was pouring today

Pics to follow soon

Question: Found some minor issues like paint chips and small front headlight alignment from what I understand it has to be reported via the Tesla app within 24 hours or 100 miles whichever comes first right? Also, once I submit it can I drive the car or does it have to stay at 100 miles, and below at the time of the service appointment?

Question: Found some minor issues like paint chips and small front headlight alignment from what I understand it has to be reported via the Tesla app within 24 hours or 100 miles whichever comes first right? Also, once I submit it can I drive the car or does it have to stay at 100 miles, and below at the time of the service appointment?
Once you report it, you’re free to drive as much as you like. They just look at those issues more seriously then if you report it later and it comes to them as a delivery time issue.

My first MY I submitted issues and they couldn’t look at the car until 2+ weeks later.

Once you report it, you’re free to drive as much as you like. They just look at those issues more seriously then if you report it later and it comes to them as a delivery time issue.

My first MY I submitted issues and they couldn’t look at the car until 2+ weeks later.
Ahh ok! I didn’t know if should drive it or let it sit in garage but thanks for clearing that up. Thankfully no major issues just wished I got a mobile or cargo cover