Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1583.jpg

Reactions: djuzi05
$62k ($66K when you add in the sales tax benefit of trading). Because of the delays in getting the car, Tesla actually quoted us a trade 3 times. The first (June) was $63k, then July $65k, and then August $62k. Wish our car would have arrived in July because that was apparently the peak!

Inclusive of sales tax, we paid $61k for the '21 MYLR about 14 mos ago, so we stand to make ~$5k on it. Granted the new car prices have also gone up, but the fact that you can trade a one year old "luxury" car and not lose your shirt on resale is something we aren't likely to see again!
Replying to myself with an update:

Picked the MYP up during a downpour on Saturday, dropping the MYLR we traded in. Pretty straightforward. No charging cable or cargo cover, which is a bummer, but we expected not to get those items. We kept the charging cable out of the trade-in as there was no requirement to supply it (which was surprising). Oddly, they deducted from the trade-in value because we installed a (OEM) spoiler on the back, so I guess they will remove it. Not sure why, but that's their perogative!

This is our third Tesla so we are used to how they operate, but I have to say that I remember when spending $50k on a car had the dealer rolling out the red carpet, and here we are spending $70k and the employees don't even have a damn umbrella to help you get to your car without getting soaked. I love the cars, but look forward to the competition forcing Tesla to improve it's service model (hopefully it won't be the other way around).

Don’t meet their membership requirements so will need to find alternate :/

• If you are not eligible through another option you can become a member of Foster Care to Success (FC2S) and become eligible for Alliant membership. FC2S serves thousands of foster teens across the United States, focusing on those who are aging out of the foster care system. FC2S awards grants and scholarships for higher education and provides care packages, mentoring and internships. (Alliant will pay the one-time $5 membership fee to FC2S on the member’s behalf.)

• If you are not eligible through another option you can become a member of Foster Care to Success (FC2S) and become eligible for Alliant membership. FC2S serves thousands of foster teens across the United States, focusing on those who are aging out of the foster care system. FC2S awards grants and scholarships for higher education and provides care packages, mentoring and internships. (Alliant will pay the one-time $5 membership fee to FC2S on the member’s behalf.)
Need to put on my reading glasses :)