Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is great news. Could you please share with me the process of financing thru third party from start to pick up the car? Because I heard it is more complicated than with Tesla Finance. Does BoA offer lower interest rate?

Thanks!
I am also very interested...I have been in the US since 2014 (original from Italy) and I don't have a long credit history. Tesla interest rate (on the paper) was low compared to what I get usually (6%...), I also know that some have been successful at asking for a better rate to [email protected] , not sure if anyone here has.
Excited and worried for my delivery/process...hope to get a vin sometimes soon...

I am also very interested...I have been in the US since 2014 (original from Italy) and I don't have a long credit history. Tesla interest rate (on the paper) was low compared to what I get usually (6%...), I also know that some have been successful at asking for a better rate to [email protected] , not sure if anyone here has.
Excited and worried for my delivery/process...hope to get a vin sometimes soon...
I did my application with Tesla Finance, but the interest was higher than they advertise 2.74%, I emailed to the email you mention, but they no longer match interest rate with third party, so I was searching and did an application with DCU, they gave me 1.5%. Now I am waiting for a VIN to finalize the loan. I am not sure how the process will be if I finance with third party.

I did my application with Tesla Finance, but the interest was higher than they advertise 2.74%, I emailed to the email you mention, but they no longer match interest rate with third party, so I was searching and did an application with DCU, they gave me 1.5%. Now I am waiting for a VIN to finalize the loan. I am not sure how the process will be if I finance with third party.
Unfortunately DCU is 2.74% now

That is great news. Could you please share with me the process of financing thru third party from start to pick up the car? Because I heard it is more complicated than with Tesla Finance. Does BoA offer lower interest rate?

Thanks!
It was easy but also confusing at the same time. We have to do all the work..filling out the online loan application with the bank is easy..you just fill out all the info and you get a decision almost immediately with big banks like bank of America, chase, PNG etc.
Once you get the VIN, tesla creates this fake urgency "oh you need to get everything done asap " which makes us call the bank and get the paperwork done asap..which is not good in my opinion...but then again, if we buy a car from dealer at showroom, they will make us wait there for 2 hours while they do the paperwork with the bank, so it's not much different.

Once bank has finalized everything and you sign the loan documents online..you then email the loan documents to the Tesla email [email protected]
They will confirm they have everything and you are set.

Couple of things, I got my pre-approval from bank of America last month. The rate is valid for 30 days. Once I got VIN. I called bank and finished the paperwork signing etc.

DCU gives a really good rate if you do direct deposit with them. Someone on the TMC said you need to pay $10 to become a member and get the discounted rate.
These banks DCU, BOA, Chase already have a automated process with tesla because they do so many auto loans with tesla. Hope this helps.let me know if anyone has other questions.

I’m in the woodlands and I
Checking in. H Town here.
OD11/15/21
EDD Currently 5/21-6/18
I’ve been sitting at this EDD since February.
MYLR 20, W on W.

Is the only pickup location @ Westheimer? I know there’s a Tesla store in the Woodlands and a service center on 45N. Past the Beltway.
Planning it out for the future. Thanks.
i live in the woodlands and I think you can pick up at the service center on I45.

Reactions: Jones1
I drove by the Westheimer center and I noticed in the parking lot, lots of people driving to the chargers and just sit in the car and charge the cars....that was evening....is it like you go there and get your T charged for free ?

Thanks guys, hope y'all get your VIN soon too.

Just wanted to give an update on my situation.

So yesterday evening I got the VIN and change in EDD . Tesla called me today to ask whether I want home delivery or showroom delivery. I opted for showroom. They said car will be at westheimer location around 4/19 and after inspection they can schedule for 4/20.

I did the insurance and loan documents this morning via my own finance (bank of America).
Only when they had everything in order, tesla called me to schedule delivery. Might be different for everyone, just posting my experience.
Do you have the delivery date yet?

Ordered mine back in 12-27
MYLR White Exterior and Black Interior
Trailer Hitch
Gemini Wheels

Estimate Delivery Date: 6-30 to 8-11

On the side note, how much are you guys getting charged for doing the 14-50 plug in your garage?