Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe we’ll be on the same car hauler. 😆
🤞 might be earlier. If you want to get it as soon as it’s available, make sure the “payment” step and or trade step is complete then as soon as you get assigned a VIN you’ll need to add it to your insurance with effective date at least 2 days before your pickup appointment. You will need to generate an insurance card showing the active coverage date to upload to the app before next steps open up. Good luck fellas

🤞 might be earlier. If you want to get it as soon as it’s available, make sure the “payment” step and or trade step is complete then as soon as you get assigned a VIN you’ll need to add it to your insurance with effective date at least 2 days before your pickup appointment. You will need to generate an insurance card showing the active coverage date to upload to the app before next steps open up. Good luck fellas
I was trying to decide if I wanted to just take the Tesla insurance and third party loan. Then change it later. That way I can avoid any hiccups or delays.

I was trying to decide if I wanted to just take the Tesla insurance and third party loan. Then change it later. That way I can avoid any hiccups or delays.
You have time.Lock in your best rate now. You usually have 30 days and the check will be ready to go at your ready. Refi rates generally aren’t as good.

Insurance is an easy add online with most major carriers.

Reactions: Jones1
You have time.Lock in your best rate now. You usually have 30 days and the check will be ready to go at your ready. Refi rates generally aren’t as good.

Insurance is an easy add online with most major carriers.
I was going to use Bank of America. I get a rate discount. But there interest rates went up at the beginning of the month. From 2%-3%. I’m now looking at TDECU. It’s still showing 2%. I’m going to shop around before I apply. I don’t want my credit to get pulled multiple times. I see some other credit unions advertising 1.7%. I rather go with what I know then deal with a stranger. 😆

Did you take the delivery today? How was it? Can you please confirm if you have the charger and any new updates on the car? Thanks.
Hi yes, I finally managed to pick up the car just before closing time at the Westheimer location today.
Delivery went off smoothly, there were no issues with doors or gaps etc. The car had the AMD processor and Michelin A/S 4 tires.
Got the mobile charger also. they said they have been getting the chargers on all recent deliveries.
Car was super smooth, first time on the freeway, I barely floored it and it was already 112 mph on the speedometer 😀 had to slow down.
Regen braking was something I have to get used especially on westheimer, I am sure it's just a small learning curve.

John Gray at Gulf Coast Autoshield for the Xpel. I've know him for nearly 20 years and he and his shop are as professional as they come.
They are a Feyn Lab dealer as well so if you want to spend the $$$ this is the place to get it.
David Sotelo is doing the ceramic coating (Adams Graphene Advanced) as he is the best bang for the buck and has taken care of all my other vehicles before.
A friend of mine rec'd john at gulf coast auto shield. Super nice guy and great service. Will definitely bring my next vehicle to his shop.

Hi yes, I finally managed to pick up the car just before closing time at the Westheimer location today.
Delivery went off smoothly, there were no issues with doors or gaps etc. The car had the AMD processor and Michelin A/S 4 tires.
Got the mobile charger also. they said they have been getting the chargers on all recent deliveries.
Car was super smooth, first time on the freeway, I barely floored it and it was already 112 mph on the speedometer 😀 had to slow down.
Regen braking was something I have to get used especially on westheimer, I am sure it's just a small learning curve.
The performance come with Michelin A/S 4 tires??? not the P Zero?

Congratulations

Reactions: JDL@h

Attachments

• B20CD567-05D7-4CDB-AE5D-5F8CE488CB23.jpeg
    B20CD567-05D7-4CDB-AE5D-5F8CE488CB23.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 101D8B6C-1A25-4E59-B735-08AD36E36C59.jpeg
    101D8B6C-1A25-4E59-B735-08AD36E36C59.jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 70
Did the MYP come with rear storage cargo cover/ shelf? Or the magnetic armrest closure? I think those upgrades will only come from the new factories. Not Fremont but i had to ask.

Congrats on the new VINS and Deliveries, so happy to see H Town movement!
Are you installing ting/Xpel/ coatings or any other form of protection?

Also, I noticed (for some reason for the first time today) that the front badge is not blacked out......I am going to look for a black one...has anyone taught about it ?

Last edited: